We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

outrigger canoe rides

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
621 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
outrigger canoe rides

I've been searching for outrigger canoe rides and found what I've read should cost $15 for three waves is listed at $75 for two people and a photo CD. I found another at $45. Does anyone know where I can find two waves for $10 and 3 for $15?

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: outrigger canoe rides

The price on the beach is always $10 to $15 but they do charge a lot for the pictures, but the pictures are pretty good. Those internet prices are just guys trying to get yout to pay more.

alohabeachservices.com lists 2 for $10 they are next to dukes and good guys

Its better to go in the morning, the beach workers don't like to work too hard after lunch.

Its a geat activity, the waves are small but they break real far out so you get a real long ride

Edited: 15 March 2011, 11:16
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
621 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: outrigger canoe rides

Thank you, longboard:)) That's a relief. I looked on alohabeachservices and saw the prices for the things I was looking for and couldn't find anywhere else online, eg, ( the COST for surf board rentals, SUPs, inner tubes and air mats, $5 chairs!, etc). Thank you for steering me in that direction!

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: outrigger canoe rides

DOn't forget to slip them a little something after the ride (I'm not talking about anything but money!)

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: outrigger canoe rides

No need to plan ahead, just walk up to the boats on the beach and ask how much for a ride. We had a blast.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: outrigger canoe rides

we didn't do the outrigger ride but used aloha beach services for surfing lessons. they did sell us the cd of the pictures but it was SO worth it! they are very nice and it was a great time....

Toronto
Level Contributor
179 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: outrigger canoe rides

We paid $15 for 3 rides with Star Beach Boys (near the Duke statue). We had taken surf lessons earlier and so the same instructor took us out on the canoe, so he gave us an extra wave! It was a ton of fun. Ask for Zane. He really took care of my family.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
621 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: outrigger canoe rides

Good info. Mahalo!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: outrigger canoe rides

How rough is the canoe ride?

I ask because all 5 of us do not know how to swim, but it sounds like something to do.

Do you need to know how to swim?

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,184 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: outrigger canoe rides

We had $12 outrigger rides in front of the Hyatt hotel and a $15 catamaran ride where the yellow umbrella are. Just walked up to the person with the clipboard and went on the next ride.

wizardpub.com/oahu/orhyattregencywaikiki.html

Think they wanted $40 for digital photos. A lady with her son who was in our canoe said, let's split the cost, I'll make a copy and give them to you later. She was staying at the Hyatt too, and took our cell phone number. We gave her the $20 when we met in the lobby later that evening. They came out really good.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,011 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: outrigger canoe rides

Scooby, I would say you don't need to know how to swim. I can't recall ever seeing a canoe tip over in Waikiki. Even at that, if it did, there are so many people around, no one is in danger of drowning.