We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pro-Bowl 2009

New Jersey
Level Contributor
25 posts
Pro-Bowl 2009

I read up on the 2008 game thread and decided to start the 2009. We are planning to attend the game, but I am getting nervous about getting tickets. It seems as if it is easy to get them through Ticketmaster on the day they are released, but is it? We don't care where we sit, we just want to go. I am also nervous as this may be the last one in Hawaii, so I am thinking it may cause more people to try to go. Just made hotel and flight reservations, so we are on our way...I just hope we get tix!

I just wanted to start this thread b/c it seems there is little info out there about the pro bowl and how to go about it. So discussion is open...

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,899 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: Pro-Bowl 2009

If the TV coverage is any judge the game never appears to be a sellout. It seems I always see lots of empty seats. Of course the folks might just be lined up for a pineapple smoothie or something.

Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
7,753 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Pro-Bowl 2009

we were wanting to go, better start checking the airlines. I don't think getting tickets has ever been a problem. Oahu is just not that big a place.

I am sure this will be the last one, the NFL is all about money and for sure someone will bid more. They forget the reason Hawaii works is when they move it to Atlanta none of the star players will show up.

Hopefully it will coincide with the reopening of the Royal Hawaiian. I would hate to have a trip without a stop at the Mai Tai Bar.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
25 posts
3. Re: Pro-Bowl 2009

Yea, I never thought it seemed like it was sold out. I guess they just try to hype it up to sell tix.

Well from what I read, its best to check the NFL site and look for tickets thru ticketmaster sometime in November. Guess I will try to relax until then!

Thanks for the input.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
29,432 posts
4. Re: Pro-Bowl 2009

Pro Bowl sells out every year.

You should have no problem getting tickets when they go on sale, usually around mid-October. There are some sites that are selling packages now.

Google: pro bowl tickets 2009

You can get on Ticketmaster's email notification list & they will contact you when the tickets go on sale.

Good thread about the Pro Bowl & Pro Bowl events:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60982-i38-k153294…

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
49,073 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Pro-Bowl 2009

We didn't go to the Pro Bowl last year, but we did stay at the Royal Hawaiian during that time. A seriously fun street party on Saturday night! Lots of activities. I thought that the public transportation to the game looked very well-organized.

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
6. Re: Pro-Bowl 2009

hi all

just read your threads about getting probowl tickets for 2009, i'm in the same boat we have booked accommodation and flights, but being from australia i don't know where to get them from. I tried ticketmaster but they are only talking about last year's event, and my cousin is living in the U.S at the moment and he told me to check out stubhub.com, but i am paranoid that all these sites on the net are not authentic, as in australia we only have two ticketing agencies, so it's easy to get authentic tickets and shop with confidence, can anyone help me with the best way to get tickets safe and secure, seating position is not an issue either.

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
7. Re: Pro-Bowl 2009

hi all

just read your threads about getting probowl tickets for 2009, i'm in the same boat we have booked accommodation and flights, but being from australia i don't know where to get them from. I tried ticketmaster but they are only talking about last year's event, and my cousin is living in the U.S at the moment and he told me to check out stubhub.com, but i am paranoid that all these sites on the net are not authentic, as in australia we only have two ticketing agencies, so it's easy to get authentic tickets and shop with confidence, can anyone help me with the best way to get tickets safe and secure, seating position is not an issue either.

Bayonne, France
Level Contributor
11,349 posts
8. Re: Pro-Bowl 2009

Agenmel...

As Dusty says, all of the tickets for the game are typically sold-out every year. But, a lot of them go un-used which is the reason there seem to be so many empty seats some years on TV.

Not sure when Ticketmaster will start offering them, but it should be any time, so continue checking their site. They don't sell-out instantly, normally it seems to take weeks.

Even the official league site nfl.com hasn't posted any ticket information yet...but is now offering travel package deals to the game.

There are many reputable secondary ticket agents in the US on the web. Stubhub is one of larger and more dependable of them. Expect to pay more than face value.

Two alternative suggestions:

1. If you are game, there are ALWAYS guys out front of the stadium selling tickets to the pro bowl on game day (here we call them "scalpers", not sure about Oz). But some folks don't like going that route.

2. Best and most enjoyable alternative. Some of the sports bars in Honolulu offer a whole game-day package...great idea for tourists, particularly if you need transportation and/or plan on downing more than a few cold ones (a definite American tradition).

They have a pre-game brunch/party, a tailgate party in the parking lot before the game, preferred tickets to the game, bus transportation, sometimes a meal after, etc.

If that idea interests you, post again and we can recommend some bars which offer game-day packages.

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
9. Re: Pro-Bowl 2009

hi amberloo

thanks for the reply, the bar and transportation idea sounds really good would you be able to recommend me some bars which offer that package, also do you still have the choice of seats at the game?

thanks

Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
7,753 posts
14 reviews
10. Re: Pro-Bowl 2009

just got our plane tickets for the pro bowl week,30k miles whcih is pretty good. I am not planning on going to the game, just want to see them hanging out. Should be a fun week.