We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything happening september 29th in Newport?

Groningen, The...
Level Contributor
177 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Anything happening september 29th in Newport?

As part of a road trip through New England my wife and I plan to visit Newport on saturday september 29th. I noticed that only a few hotels were available and hotelprices in Newport are very high. Looking into Middletown as an place to stay many hotels/motels also were not available. After enquiring with some of them we were told a two day minimum stay was required. Anything special happening in Newport that weekend or is it just because it's weekend? What would be good alternatives for a stay?

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anything happening september 29th in Newport?

Nothing special, but lots of weddings scheduled in the Fall. At this time of year most places are holding out for 2 or even 3 night minimums. As the season progresses and the time gets closer, you might be able to find them relaxing that stance, but in september, that might be difficult.

I would try and find something to hold. And then as the time gets closer, see if anything becomes avaialable. For example you can get the Motel 6 in Newport for just 1 night for $80. It's not the greatest, but for a night it's certainly ok.

Groningen, The...
Level Contributor
177 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anything happening september 29th in Newport?

Hi Milemarker0,

Thanks for the feedback.

3. Re: Anything happening september 29th in Newport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 02:11