We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gurney resort vs forty 1 north for honeymoon weekend?

Yonkers, New York
1 post
Save Topic
gurney resort vs forty 1 north for honeymoon weekend?

Hi everyone me and my husband are doing a mini honeymoon in January now my question is which hotel is better for a mini honeymoon ?

2 replies to this topic
Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gurney resort vs forty 1 north for honeymoon weekend?

Castle Hill Inn is much better than both of the two you have listed. You can also rent private cottages on the beach at the Inn. You would want a car for this location.

Of your two, I would pick Gurneys but it would be far lower on the scale from Castle Hill.Also would want a car here.

The Marriott is very nice and if you stayed there, you could walk to the local restaurants.

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gurney resort vs forty 1 north for honeymoon weekend?

What are you looking to do? Location wise, 41 North is more walk able to places on Thames and the wharfs....smaller boutique hotel and at times can be a bit snooty. Although in January it probably won't be as bad. Gurney's is a bigger resort style hotel but should be pretty quite after the Holidays....they offer a shuttle into town or you could take a walk if the weather isn't too bad.

If you are looking for romantic, I'll agree with Emily about looking into Castle Hill.

Reply to: gurney resort vs forty 1 north for honeymoon weekend?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted