We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to visit along the Cliff walk

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Best area to visit along the Cliff walk

So, I know this may be a silly question but is there one area of the Cliff Walk one would recommend? Maybe near resturants/shops?

I'm with my fam and one person can't walk long distances for a long time so we would park near the cliff walk area and walk for a few minutes or so then leave.

thank you:)

4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
488 posts
1. Re: Best area to visit along the Cliff walk

There aren't any restaurants or shops by the Cliff Walk. The '40 Steps' area is a popular spot where you can get out and look, walk around a bit, there are benches to sit on too.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
187 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Best area to visit along the Cliff walk

I'd pick the Breakers area, which is somewhat in the middle. It had easy access and will give you the taste of the mansions. Keep in mind that many of them are not clearly visible from the path...high hedges and fences keep onlookers out. Also, the north section may be more suitable for the 'non-walker' as it is flat and paved. Going to the south of the breakers, the path becomes rocky. Still, I think the views are much better here...at least those of the ocean and the cliffs.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
40 posts
3. Re: Best area to visit along the Cliff walk

thank you!

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Best area to visit along the Cliff walk

Park on Narragansett Avenue where you'll find 40 Steps and the Cliff Walk in front of you, and public restrooms. There is a parking meter at the end of the street. Pay for an hour or two and place the ticket on your dashboard.

You can go in either direction, but I prefer going right when facing the ocean. There are a few stairs, but the paths are easy to navigate. Enjoy!

Reply to: Best area to visit along the Cliff walk
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Newport