We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Amtrak Station

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
32 posts
402 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Amtrak Station

We will start a trip out in Flagstaff next June and are arriving by Amtrak. I would appreciate any suggestions for a hotel that's convenient to the station.

We are going to be renting a car; I assume that will be at the airport. Hopefully, the hotel will have a shuttle to the airport, but we have plenty of time to figure out those details.

Thanks!

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
Level Contributor
2,304 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Amtrak Station

You can actually rent a car at the Amtrak Station (Hertz) or within walking distance of the station (Budget and, I believe, Enterprise - of those, I'd look at Budget). The Hertz counter will generally be open when the train arrives. Budget and Enterprise- possibly not.

If you're looking for accommodations within walking distance of the train station, your choices are limited. You'll need to be willing to walk a few blocks.

Some of the B&Bs in downtown Flag may be willing to pick you up.

There is also the Highland Country Inn which is an older motel-style property about 4-5 blocks from the station. It gets fairly decent reviews for a budget-oriented motel. And the Drury Inn & Suites which is another 1/2 block away which is the newest chain-style hotel in town.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
32 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Amtrak Station

Thank you. If we can rent a car right at the Amtrak station, we won't be so constrained about the location of the hotel.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,613 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Amtrak Station

My two favorite places to stay in Flag are the England House B&B and the Little America...sometimes i just have to flip a coin. (England House is technically within walking distance to the train depot, it might be difficult to manage with luggage though.)

Edited: 15 September 2011, 09:01
Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
6,275 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Amtrak Station

Both Budget and Enterprise will pick you up at the train station. You just need to call the local office beforehand and arrange it. There's also an Avis location in Downtown Flagstaff.

I've stayed at the Monte Vista (a block from the train station) a couple of times in the past year. I like it, but it's authentically historic, so it's not as sanitized and modern on the inside. For instance, the rooms are small and there's no air-conditioning. I like it though.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,200 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Amtrak Station

Colin, when would you need AC in Flagstaff at night?

MaineUSA
Level Contributor
837 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near Amtrak Station

We stayed at the Weatherford during our Amtrak stop last May. It's a restored older hotel with a decent restaurant but no elevators. If your planning a weekday stay it should be OK. I would not recommend it for the weekend as they have two bars, one with live music and it definately affected our sleeping.

7. Re: Hotel near Amtrak Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 18:47