We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raton to Sante Fe via Hwy 64

whine country
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Topic
Raton to Sante Fe via Hwy 64

Traveling from CO to ABQ tomorrow. I am wondering how much time this more scenic route would add to our drive and if it's worth it. Plan to drop into Santa Fe in time for dinner (Old Town?). Restaurant recs are appreciated. N.M. cuisine, tapas, or brewpub are fine.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,528 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Raton to Sante Fe via Hwy 64

Raton to Santa Fe via I25 is about 2.5 hours, if you go on Hwy64, then I would add another 2 hours of driving plus any time you spend in Taos. Beautiful drive.

In Santa Fe you want to look for places to eat near the Plaza (the historic center of SF) or in the Railyard area. Plenty of restaurants, but I would make reservations as this is Indian Market weekend, the busiest time of the year! NM Cuisine at The Shed, La Plazuela, Tomasitas, Del Charro. Tapas at El Farol, El Meson, La Boca. Brewpub Blue Corn Cafe, Second St Brewery.

2. Re: Raton to Sante Fe via Hwy 64

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 14:47