We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

san antonio pass

florida
Level Contributor
135 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
san antonio pass

Going to San Antonio in 9 days. Will be staying at La Cascada on Dwyer Avenue for 5 days. Have done some research, and probably want to hit the Alamo, Natural Bridge Caverns, do a Mission tour, Riverwalk. Wondered if they have something like the city pass? We used one in London last year and it was convenient. One price for admissions to multiple museums, and attractions. Know after reading thru the forum to stay away from RW for Mexican food, and have researched some of the restaurant ideas I read about here. Wondering about anything else? Tubing in New Braunfels? Anything more exotic that I am missing? From Florida, and just looking for some adventures. There is my husband 22 yr old son and myself, all of who are active...Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: san antonio pass

They have the streetcar/trolley & River Taxi where you can get a day pass or a few day pass.

streetcar/trolley www.viainfo.net/Busservice/Streetcar.aspx

River Taxi www.rioSanAntonio.com

For a tour you have www.SanAntonioTours.net or www.alamosightseeingtours.com

You can visit the wineries in the Hill Country www.texaswinetrail.com

Natural Bridge Cavern www.naturalbridgecaverns.com

Schlitterbahn Water Park www.schlitterbahn.com

Edited: 10 July 2012, 14:27
Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: san antonio pass

This is what you are looking for:

www.visitsanantonio.com/city-pass/index.aspx

Can't say it is worth the price as we have never used it.

florida
Level Contributor
135 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: san antonio pass

Thanks, Gehrig, that is what I was looking for. Pruske that texas wine trail looks enticing....appreciate your help.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: san antonio pass

Thanks Gehrig I didn't even know about the city pass that is great info to know so glad that you knew what FloridaTravel was looking for.

As they say you learn something new everyday.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: san antonio pass

You are welcome.

Roland, OK
Level Contributor
8 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: san antonio pass

I recommend "Mi Tierra" in the Market Square for a good Mexican meal.. it's rich in history, having been opened 24/7 for several decades, never closing! President Clinton and others have eaten there. Lots of authenticity and mariaches. Located in the El Mercado, the largest latino market outside Mexico!

florida
Level Contributor
135 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: san antonio pass

Thanks, I am planning on that already. Have read so many good things about it....

8. Re: san antonio pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2013, 10:45