We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Antonio on business and pleasure

Pasco, Washington
Level Contributor
248 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
San Antonio on business and pleasure

I will be in SA July 5-11, partially on business, but my BFF from high school will be coming to see me for a 2.5 day girls outing prior to the conference.

I'll be at the Marriot Riverfront.

Any ideas on what we might do? spa, restaurants, other activities? maybe just a mani/pedi since spas tend to be overpriced.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Antonio on business and pleasure

Mokara www.mokarahotels.com & the Westin www.westin.com/riverwalk has the best spa on the riverwalk area.

Make sure to take the 45 min narrated river cruise tour 1st to get your bearings on the riverwalk so you can get some good info + get your bearings for the riverwalk. www.rioSanAntonio.com

Grab a bite or least a snack at Boudro's www.boudros.com get the guacamole prepared tableside.

Visit the Alamo www.thealamo.org if you aren't familiar with the importance you may want to see the movie "Price of Freedom" at the IMAX www.imax-sa.com @ Rivercenter Mall www.shoprivercenter.com you can also go to San Fernando www.sfcathedral.org where some of the hero's bodies are entomb.

Go to Market Square www.marketsquaresa.com to do some Mexican shopping & grab a bite at either Mi Tierra www.mitierracafe.com or La Margarita www.lamargarita.com

You can go to the Guenther House www.guentherhouse.com to see & grab breakfast or lunch here.

Give up a little more detail on what you like to do or see + what type of food do you like or want to eat while here since there are so many good choices for both.

Go up the Tower of the Americas www.toweroftheamericas.com to see the SA skyline & you can grab a meal here or just some drinks.

2. Re: San Antonio on business and pleasure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 21:21
Pasco, Washington
Level Contributor
248 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Antonio on business and pleasure

thanks both for the links! Gives me a chance to get a list of possibiliites

4. Re: San Antonio on business and pleasure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 22:48