We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel on Riverwalk

Red Bank, New Jersey
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
Hotel on Riverwalk

Hi everyone!

What hotel would you recommend for a family with a 2 year old? We would like to stay on the riverwalk. Also, since our daughter loves the pool (and it will be hot) we would like a place that has a pool. I have been looking at hotel contessa, omni, and the hilton? Which one do you think would be best? I am open to all suggestions. We are trying to keep the price to about $250 a night.

Thanks!

11 replies to this topic
Houston, texas, USA
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
790 reviews
1. Re: Hotel on Riverwalk

Of those three I would go with the Contessa. Might also suggest you consider the embassy suites.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
41,021 posts
667 reviews
2. Re: Hotel on Riverwalk

Love the Hotel Contessa. Another option is Drury Plaza. They have breakfast included, as well as double room and a kick off from 5:30 to 7 pm with food.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
7,204 posts
76 reviews
3. Re: Hotel on Riverwalk

Embassy Suites would be my choice as well. Large suites with separate area for a 2 yr. old to sleep. Excellent breakfast and evening spread. (Much better quality than Drury...probably more expensive too).

Of the 3 you mention I am partial to La Mansion although all three are nice properties.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
41,021 posts
667 reviews
4. Re: Hotel on Riverwalk

"Of the 3 you mention I am partial to La Mansion although all three are nice properties."

I like the Omni La Mansion as well. It is part of the Discovery Group which has my favorite hotel the Hotel Adlon in Berlin.

Houston, texas, USA
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
790 reviews
5. Re: Hotel on Riverwalk

I also have had good experiences at La Mansion but it's generally a bit more expensive when I've priced it than the Contessa . If it and the Contessa are similarly priced for the dates you are considering I would think it would be a good option.

Edited: 13 June 2018, 18:48
CALIFORNIA
Level Contributor
202 posts
39 reviews
6. Re: Hotel on Riverwalk

Drury Plaza was fine. first time staying at the Drury brand and we enjoyed it. breakfast very good, dinner ok, free drinks and pool. less than $200.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
7,204 posts
76 reviews
7. Re: Hotel on Riverwalk

Drury bkfst. may have gotten better. When we visited it was no fresh omelettes, no fresh fruit, no yogurt or quality cereals...plastic knives and forks with paper plates and cheap, weak coffee. It has been a couple years though.

CALIFORNIA
Level Contributor
202 posts
39 reviews
8. Re: Hotel on Riverwalk

Gehrig, was there for 1st visit to San Antonio end of may, breakfast was on par with some of ES. No omelettes but 2 varieties of scrambled eggs.lots of fresh fruit, cereals but don't eat. plastic utensils but good strong coffee. Only have stayed at ES here in Ca. some are better than others. imo.

Red Bank, New Jersey
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: Hotel on Riverwalk

Thank you all!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
41,021 posts
667 reviews
10. Re: Hotel on Riverwalk

Breakfast at the Drury Plaza was fine considering it is included in the price already. Best place though for hotel breakfast is the Omni La Mansion at the Canarias.

Reply to: Hotel on Riverwalk
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted