We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Varsity Club or Doubletree Reid Park or Sheraton.

Red Bank, New Jersey
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Varsity Club or Doubletree Reid Park or Sheraton.

Thanks for help in advance and allowing me to bombard with bunch last minute questions. Going this Froday until Tuesday. Varsity save me like $50 or so total. We will be using. Pool a bit and like to be able get cold beverage and maybe lunch poolside. Have car rental. Will be heading to UA campus few times and small day trips along with football game Froday night. Let me know thought but narrowed to these two. Was consisting Sheraton too but least photos didn't do justice to me and same price as Doubletree. Clean inportAnt. Safe area important.

1 reply
Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
7,292 posts
106 reviews
1. Re: Varsity Club or Doubletree Reid Park or Sheraton.

I've stayed at all three, and I think would go for the Doubletree again if given the choice between them. However, it's been a few years since I've been at the Sheraton, so they may have vastly improved. I just didn't like the way the hotel was laid out; too large. The Doubletree is large, but it just feels different.

The Doubletree has a nice pool and they'll bring you drinks out there which, to us, was just a nice benefit. I don't think that Varsity Club has a restaurant, though they have a small pool area with some tables where you can eat. They have some nice common areas if you have people over and don't want to hang out in the room. As I recall, they charge a "resort fee" or "facility fee" or something, so I don't know that they're actually $50 cheaper. The rooms are large though, and it's the only one of the three with a kitchen in all of its rooms. The Doubletree has casitas that they rent out, and those have kitchens, but they're more expensive. The Sheraton is the least convenient to UA.

Reply to: Varsity Club or Doubletree Reid Park or Sheraton.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted