We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saguaro national park shuttle?

Durango, Colorado
2 posts
Saguaro national park shuttle?

I want to do a point to point backpacking trip in east Saguaro. Can i get uber to run the shuttle, since we only have one car?

7 replies to this topic
USA
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
16,423 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Saguaro national park shuttle?

I'm sure you could get an uber, why not just try it in the app?

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
7,296 posts
106 reviews
2. Re: Saguaro national park shuttle?

The only way I know to do a point-to-point in Saguaro East is to end up on an unpaved forest road on one end, and that would probably not jive with a rideshare service. Are you doing part of the Arizona Trail, or going up to Rincon Peak? If you can end on a paved road, then it shouldn't really be an issue to get a rideshare. The trailheads at Speedway and Broadway have cell service. The area around the park visitors center should as well.

Durango, Colorado
2 posts
3. Re: Saguaro national park shuttle?

Thank you for the reply. I'll try it.

1 post
4. Re: Saguaro national park shuttle?

Hi Greta,

I'm curious -- were you able to get a car to pick you up? A friend and I are also considering a point-to-point backpack in east Saguaro in November, and we are wondering the same thing. Also, I'm curious: what trails did you do, and would you recommend them?

Thanks for any insights!

Tasha

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,833 posts
90 reviews
5. Re: Saguaro national park shuttle?

People who ask questions here do not always see inquiries much later. Contact the TA member directly by clicking on their name as highlighted in their post, and then "send message."

USA
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
16,423 posts
30 reviews
6. Re: Saguaro national park shuttle?

Fully agree with Bob, try contacting the OP to see what they did.

The only option I can think of would be an uber. You can download the app and give it a try, put in the point where you want to start from and an ending point, see if it gives pricing.

Which side of Saguaro are you referring to? Saguaro East has some great hiking, best in Tucson in my opinion.

Here is their map:

https:/…RMD-Hike-Map-2015-back.pdf

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,833 posts
90 reviews
7. Re: Saguaro national park shuttle?

I cannot offer hiking advice as you want. I would say avoid javelinas which often travel in packs with young. If you don't know what they are, they are also known as peccaries. They are not wild pigs or wild boars. They are their own species of herbivores. The adults can be dangerous especially if accompanied by young. I have seen them when I have hiked Saguaro East, particularly in the northern extent of the park.

https:/…Javelina.php

Reply to: Saguaro national park shuttle?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted