We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trails in Estes Park?

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
49 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Trails in Estes Park?

Hello,

My wife and I would like to stay in Estes Park for a couple of days. Can someone tell me how to find these trails everyone is mentioning in their reviews? Are there just trails everywhere and you just start walking into the mountains? We would like to find a trail that's not to hard but not to easy to walk. Thanks.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
9,415 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trails in Estes Park?

Maritn_Melani, folks tend to use the name of the town of Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park as the same location. They are literally adjacent to each other, but it can be confusing when people do this. The trails you keep reading about are in Rocky Mountain National Park and in Roosevelt National Forest and Indian Peaks Wilderness--all of which surround the town of Estes Park.

www.nps.gov/romo is the RMNP site. There under park tools, you can download the park map, click on plan your visit and things to do and hiking will come up with trail options. You will get this map and a park newspaper (which you can also download under park news) when you enter RMNP through one of the park entrance stations.

A good site for further information on trails in RMNP is protrails.com/areas/view/8/0/rocky_mountain_…

Directions to TH's are given.

One of the highlights (to some the crown jewel) of RMNP is driving and exploring Trail Ridge Road. Here is a link to an itinerary and timeline for doing that from the Top Questions in the RMNP forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g143048-i3489-k542…

Edited: 25 June 2012, 21:15
Estes Park, CO
Level Contributor
93 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trails in Estes Park?

Your lodging will probably give you lots of local literature that lists some of the popular hiking trails in and around Estes Park. You can contact the visitors center and have that stuff mailed to you ahead if you want to plan. There are also plenty of hiking guides just on RMNP available. My favorites are the one by Kent Dannon and the one by Lisa Foster. Available locally or online.

3. Re: Trails in Estes Park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 04:47