We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route from Boulder to Estes

Titusville, Florida
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Best route from Boulder to Estes

We will be driving this Sunday from Boulder to Estes and staying in Windcliff. What is a nice scenic route to take? We would like to drive the Peak to Peak, or at least part of it. We don't necessarily have to pick up the Peak to Peak in Nederland, as we drove through this area a couple of years ago coming from Colordado Springs. We would definitely like to stop at Lily Lake and walk around.

Any other suggestions of places to stop on our way to Estes?

Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
12,948 posts
136 reviews
1. Re: Best route from Boulder to Estes

I am confused by your question. The Peak to Peak Scenic Byway travels from Black Hawk/Central City to Nederland to Estes Park. The best route from Boulder to join the Peak to Peak is to travel through Boulder Canyon to Nederland and then north on the Peak to Peak to Estes Park. Here is that route and I have included the location of Boulder Falls, Chapel on the Rock and Lily Lake along the route.

https://goo.gl/maps/qNny82PmRJ12

At RMNP Lily Lake, the Lily Ridge Trail requires a little more effort but has some really nice views.

Titusville, Florida
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Best route from Boulder to Estes

Thank you for the route. I had looked at google maps and they had me going north from Boulder and then heading west on what looks like Lefthand Canyon Dr to CO-72 (through Jamestown???), and then getting on 7. But it looks like your route works best. And we've never been to Boulder Falls. I'll have to check that out. Thank you.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
12,948 posts
136 reviews
3. Re: Best route from Boulder to Estes

Google Maps (especially if you are not viewing the map on a laptop or desktop computer) will often give people the quickest route at the time that you look at it. There must have been an accident along 119 in Boulder Canyon. That is why you may have seen the route you did.

Reply to: Best route from Boulder to Estes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Estes Park