We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Make the most of our day...

portland
10 posts
Make the most of our day...

Son lives in Boulder and we are heading there for his birthday. Daughter and I arrive on a Friday in June and leave that Sunday night. He would like to head out of town for Saturday night. Looking for a getaway place outside of Boulder where we could hike and/or have bikes available. Would like to have a special 30th birthday dinner somewhere - don't care if it is fancy or not - just really good and with a great atmosphere. Son and daughter are really strong hikers so they can do a good hike on their own and I can hang out somewhere and read, shop or do a short hike. I'd love to trout fish too!

Thank you!

1 reply
Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
13,107 posts
140 reviews
1. Re: Make the most of our day...

As Babalax asked on your other post, have you definitely decided on visiting Estes Park and RMNP? I have to warn you that both Estes Park and RMNP will be extremely busy and very crowded on Saturday and Sunday. Because of the millions (around 4.5 million) of people who visit RMNP each year, lodging in Estes Park books out on summer weekends. Many lodging businesses in Estes Park do not even allow a one night stay during the peak summer season especially over a weekend. The strong hikers in your family will need to be at popular RMNP trailheads very early in the morning to find a place to park and in order to avoid the very common afternoon thundershowers. They need to read and heed the advice from RMNP rangers about crowd management. Know that the time estimates of when trailhead parking fills up shown in the link below will be even earlier on a weekend.

https://www.nps.gov/romo/learn/news/plan-ahe…

Reply to: Make the most of our day...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Estes Park
Recent Conversations