We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

residences at stanley hotel

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
residences at stanley hotel

Planning a trip with extended family - I am late in planning, so hurrying to secure a place to stay. We are looking for 4 BR and a kitchenette or kitchen. Has anyone stayed at the Residences at the Stanley( looking at their 2 BR units)? Also looking at the McGregor Mountain lodge which has great reviews on TA, but not sure if we can make that work out for us.

2 replies to this topic
Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
12,537 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: residences at stanley hotel

The Residences at the Stanley (formerly known as the Overlook Condos) are individually owned and the type and quality of the furniture, furnishings and décor vary depending on the owner. You can read reviews here.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60…

You can also use the search word "condo" under reviews for the Stanley Hotel and isolate reviews for the condos posted under the hotel's listing.

If you are looking for a 4 bedroom condo or cabin and depending on how long you plan to stay, VRBO or Flipkey might be a better option. There are hundreds of vacation rentals in Estes Park. There are also many 2 bedroom cabin and condo options in Estes Park, and almost all of them receive better reviews than the Stanley Hotel or any place managed by the Stanley.

You can sort lodging by type at this link.

https://www.visitestespark.com/lodging/

When you look at reviews here on TripAdvisor, condos and cabins are usually under the Specialty Lodging category. If I were looking for two bedroom units, I would consider Woodlands on Fall River, Riverwood, Riverstone/Bear Paw, Black Canyon Inn, Boulder Brook, Solitude Cabins, Fall River Village, the condos (not the lodge rooms) which have rarely found A/C at Marys Lake Lodge - and there are others. Those just came to mind.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: residences at stanley hotel

Thanks! I will take a look at the places you mentioned. My initial search was VRBO, AirBnB, but too late for most properties.

Reply to: residences at stanley hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Estes Park