We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rentals at the sunport- reviews

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
285 reviews
Save Topic
Car rentals at the sunport- reviews

Dear all,

My wife is going to pick up my daughter on August. I tried to book at Enterprise at Lomas, like I did last May, but the rates are vastly much more than renting from the airport (thru carrentals.com). Don't know why though. Any reviews on Alamo, Dollar or Thrifty at the airport? Can't find anything online that is recent.

Many thanks!

8 replies to this topic
Aurora, Illinois
Destination Expert
for New Mexico, Santa Fe, Albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rentals at the sunport- reviews

Did you try checking rates directly on the Enterprise site? Worth checking.

Keith

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico, Albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,389 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rentals at the sunport- reviews

If you belong to Costco, check their travel site. They feature 4 different car rentals, and are cheaper most of the time.

I've heard that booking through carrentals is more expensive than direct to the rental company or Costco

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rentals at the sunport- reviews

Hi Keith, I did. I even logged into my account. It was still cheaper at the airport. I don't know why this time since the last time (May) it was cheaper at the offsite. In fact, this was what I did first.

Sandiaman, sorry re. costco. :-(( we gave it up in favour of BJ's. I did check direct and thru carrentals. The latter was a few dollars cheaper than directly. I usually use carrentals as a sort of kayak or google flights for cars then check the rental company directly. More often than not, carrentals was cheaper.

Aurora, Illinois
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rentals at the sunport- reviews

I’m really surprised and wonder why that is. I know I have a 2 week Enterprise (Lomas) rental coming up in August that was about half the price as at the airport…but I made my reservation months ago.

Hope you find a great solution!

Keith

Aurora, Illinois
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rentals at the sunport- reviews

This must have something to do with your exact dates. I was curious and just ran my dates again at Enterprise.com. The Lomas location was approximately 2/3 the price of the airport location. (Also, currently the Lomas location is almost double my reservation that I made months ago.)

It is very much high season in NM in August, so perhaps that's contributing to your issue. I would run the numbers again as I have seen rates at Enterprise move around, sometimes getting better over time.

Keith

Edited: 11 June 2018, 23:08
Connecticut
Level Contributor
628 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rentals at the sunport- reviews

I was able to get a similar rate like Keith at the Lomas Enterprise location through Costco. The airport locations were more than double (all brands)

Edited: 12 June 2018, 05:54
Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
54 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car rentals at the sunport- reviews

I have rented cars a few times from the ABQ rental center, a time or two from Thrifty and Dollar. They make it easy, transportation to and from airport is straight forward and fast and I haven't had any problems with either. They are also relatively fast once you are in the rental center and I thought their prices (dollar and thrifty) were pretty competitive (considering I was under 25 years old) traveling for a few days.

also extra credit goes to Thrift, I had misplaced my Ipod in their vehicle after dropping it off and they contacted me and offer to send it to me! very good customer service.

hope this helps! good luck

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car rentals at the sunport- reviews

thanks hollibear9909- that helps!

Reply to: Car rentals at the sunport- reviews
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted