We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Inquiry..

Dallas, Texas
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beach Inquiry..

Is there a difference in the water and sand between the Corpus Christi Bay and the water off the Gulf (North Padre Island area?)..I'm debating on driving down for Labor Day weekend since I may not make it to Fort Lauderdale and looking for the next best (and closest) beach options..thanks!

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,327 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Inquiry..

A very big YES. The gulf beaches have nicer sand and much better waves. The bay beaches are nice for families and laying out in the sun with restaurants and bars nearby. The gulf beaches have better wave action and long, sandy coastlines as far as the eye can see.

Dallas, Texas
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Inquiry..

Does the gulf beaches have restaurants and bars nearby as well? I would prefer to be by the nicer sand an blue water! :)

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,327 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Inquiry..

Yes but, as a rule, you will have to drive to the bars/restaurants as they are not located on the beach.

Texas
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Inquiry..

do Texas beaches have Blue water?

Irving, Texas
Level Contributor
196 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Inquiry..

I had to laugh, no blue water in that area of the Gulf. For nice beach area check out Mustang Island or Port Aransas. Both within 45 min from CC.

Port A books fast so once you find a place reserve it. Port A is a fishing town but there are upscale restaurants and more affordable local spots.

6. Re: Beach Inquiry..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 13:46
Get answers to your questions about Corpus Christi