We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel SLC?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Travel SLC?

whats the best way to get to SLC from europe?

Torrey, Utah
Destination Expert
for Torrey, Capitol Reef National Park
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel SLC?

Airplane? 8-) You can fly one-stop to SLC from most major Euro airports, it's often cheaper to fly to Las Vegas though if you are planning on renting a car and driving.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel SLC?

haha! i meant which country in europe is the cheapest and fastest! thanks for ur reply!

Utah
Level Contributor
424 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel SLC?

London gets my vote.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,215 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel SLC?

I fly TO Europe from SLC often. There's no appreciable price difference other than simply finding a special deal.

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel SLC?

I fly SLC to Europe about yearly. Currently the only routine nonstop is on Delta to Paris CDG. I don't think it operates daily at this time of year. Otherwise, I find that the best connections are through airports such as DEN, ORD, MSP or ATL.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel SLC?

I live in SLC, and I fly to and from Europe often. I have found that the direct flight from SLC to Paris CDG on Delta is a really nice way to get there without any layovers. But usually, a layover in NYC, Atlanta or Chicago is necessary to get there. Chicago O'Hare is my choice airport to fly through if I must have a layover. It seems newer and with more things to do than ATL or JFK.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
426 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel SLC?

Hi There,

I agree with yellowsteph, London and Paris are the best options, with Paris (from CDG) being the best of the two. Non-stop is nice if you can get it, but it's usually more pricey too. I've had layovers in Chicago, Atlanta, New York (JFK), and Newark. I'm a fan of Chicago as well. The people are very friendly and helpful, especially in cases where there may be a language barrier. Best of luck getting here!

Wen

h j
saundersfoot
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel SLC?

Hi All,

Any suggestions for a 'booking' web site? I seem to do a lot of rounds without 'sriking it lucky'. Journey London-SLC-London, maybe Paris.

To see my High School buddies. Many thanks for help. Harry

Edited: 06 May 2012, 22:56
9. Re: Travel SLC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2013, 14:54