We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain Forest Horse Rides?

Laughlin, Nevada
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Rain Forest Horse Rides?

Has anyone gone out on trail rides with this company? I looked on both the Forks and PA Trip Advisor pages and couldnt find a review posted.

Thanks!

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
7,828 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain Forest Horse Rides?

I do not know this company. You used to see more horses on some of the trails in the past. There even used to be a company on the Hoh eons ago. My wife is a horse person. Less companies do this because of the insurance costs. I am not a big fan of them on most trails, as despite what people will tell you I see the damage they do on certain parts of the trails. The Hoh for instance is not a place where I would ever take a horse. It was different in years past when the trails were better maintained and there was less of an impact by visitors too.

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain Forest Horse Rides?

I own and operate cabins on the Sol Duc River and Rain Forest Horse rides are just a very few minutes from us. The folks that run this operation are super great people. They are also part of the Back Country Horsemen and have done TONS of work maintaining the trails and allowing these areas to be accessible to both human and horse, while minimizing their impact. They have alternative trails they use and shorter rides as well.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,060 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain Forest Horse Rides?

I don't know this outfit, but I do know the Back Country Horsemen, and they are wonderful people who do a lot to keep ONP's trails clear of fallen trees, rock slides, and other damage.

Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain Forest Horse Rides?

http://rainforesthorseridesforks.com/ and

http://www.facebook.com/rainforesthorserides

The couple who own this business are long time outfitters and very knowledgeable at what they are doing. They are very active in BCHW, not only in maintaining trails but by supporting and teaching LNT. They are members of the WA Outfitters and Guides Assn. (WOGA).

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain Forest Horse Rides?

The wagons have circled... :)

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,828 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain Forest Horse Rides?

And I know at least one company on the Penninsula is no longer doing trips. I can not tell you which one, because can not find them on the internet. I was told that by the owners last year over the phone.

7. Re: Rain Forest Horse Rides?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 June 2013, 21:35
Forks, Washington
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain Forest Horse Rides?

I operate Rain Forest Horse Rides out of Forks WA. Check out our Facebook page for pictures and details on our operation. We are a small mom & pop business taking out small groups of riders in the Olympic National Park and USFS. We are licensed and insured guides. Our guest riders love that we do personalized rides where we make new friends while enjoying the beauties of our magnificent rain forests.

Sequim, Washington
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain Forest Horse Rides?

I'm interested in more information. My wife and I would like to find a fun place to ride in your area. I love supporting mom and pop businesses.

10. Re: Rain Forest Horse Rides?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2016, 10:46