We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ayampe or Olon?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
7 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Ayampe or Olon?

We will be spending a few nights in March on Ecuadorian coast. We don't care about partying and going out at night. What we want is tranquility and beauty.

After doing some research, I came up with two places that seem to fulfill these requisites. But I still don't know where I should stay: Olon beach or Ayampe? Olon seems to have a nice, not too expensive hotel called the Sea Garden. Ayampe has a few good budget options as well like Orixas hostal for example.

Any final advice for me? ;)

1 reply
California Hot...
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ayampe or Olon?

Dear tigerlily68,

I have been around the beach you mentioned few months ago, Olon is far from what you are looking for, Ayample could be a good option, but not good for swim, sea tides are strong and some parts of the beach like a swamp.

I rather suggest you Puerto Cayo beach, long beach, peaceful, never crowd; at the beach town you find little stones but thru boca de cayo beach it is NICE !, it is ideal because is secluded, ,never crowd, peace, quiet and long beach, I am going to stay there again on may at Sanctuary lodge, check the comment on TA about Puerto Cayo. I hope my comment helped you! good luck!

Reply to: Ayampe or Olon?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Las Tunas
Recent Conversations