We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Bedford from Falmouth by bus -- timetables accurate?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
789 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
New Bedford from Falmouth by bus -- timetables accurate?

Now we are down to the wire in our organising of our trip to Cape Cod etc. We arrive in Falmouth on Thursday 20th November. As we are so interested in old fishing/whaling etc. and because the museum on Martha's Vineyard will be closed when we visit the island I think we will have to try to get to New Bedford for a day trip -- no car so by public transport to visit your museum.

I have the bus timetables and a bus from Falmouth arrives in Bourne at 11.10 am and a bus leaves Bourne for New Bedford at 11.10 am -- do you think they are supposed to wait for each other? How accurate are the timetables -- or could we take a taxi from Falmouth to Bourne to catch the bus? Approximately at what cost? Any help or advise very welcome. I am also posting this on the Falmouth forum

Mentioned in this post
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
Falmouth
Falmouth
Cape Cod, MA
Martha's Vineyard
Martha's Vineyard
Massachusetts
New Bedford
New Bedford
Massachusetts
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,929 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Bedford from Falmouth by bus -- timetables accurate?

I would call Peter Pan directly. It could be the same bus

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,350 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Bedford from Falmouth by bus -- timetables accurate?

And if it is 99.9% accurate, I have a pretty good idea what day the .1 will occur.

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,813 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Bedford from Falmouth by bus -- timetables accurate?

Your best bet is to call the bus company like already suggested. You should take public transportation over a taxi if available.

4. Re: New Bedford from Falmouth by bus -- timetables accurate?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2017, 23:48
Get answers to your questions about New Bedford