New Bedford is a beautiful, historical port city that is on the rise again! Many projects have been built, are being built, and will be built soon! The problem is, they never have enough information on them or any timelines. My question is......do you know of any development projects being built or that are going to be built and any information on them?
so far these are the upcoming projects I've heard about!
(1) 5 story hotel and condo, downtown at the end of Elm street beside the old candleworks
no timeline on construction, possibly start summer of 2014
(2) 4 story expansion of the Whaling Museum...will contain research center, library, more exhibits,
and extension of the skywalk for the view of the harbor.....no timeline of construction.
(3) the umass Dartmouth SMAST expansion they have been talking bout since at least 2011!
Location, southend near Fort Taber! No timeline for construction, no idea how tall its going
to be, just the square footage! this is the only info I can find on it>>>>>>"The UMass Board of Trustees gave the green light to a $48 million expansion of SMAST Wednesday, effectively approving a land transfer from the federal government of just under 3 acres.
.UMass plans to build 55,000 square feet of new education and research space on the property, formerly home to a Naval Reserve Training Center. The project will nearly double the current space for the School for Marine Science and Technology"......NO IDEA if this project is a go still!
(4)south terminal-aka-the cape wind project......currently under construction....do not no what they are building except for the dock part of the project where the ships will pick up the product. Don't know anymore details of this project!
(5) The Portuguese Cultural Center! plans for this started before 2007! Project is most likely dead but don't know because they refuse to do another story on it!
(6)Riverside project! What is there, and what was proposed are two different things! Only thing they built from the original plan is Market Basket! Still waiting for the boat house and launch, still waiting for the office building and restaurants(not taco bell and little caesars pizza) .............
still waiting for info on that!
(7) The hole in downtown!.....originally suppose to be a 10 story condo....then dorms for BCC...then a possible 12 story highrise......so what is it going to be? Its been a DECADE! any
info on this will be much appreciated!
(8) The goodyear site in the southend near Ashley park! Been vacant since 1996, many plans for this site, all have fell through to my knowledge including plans for a street to cut through with 4 story condos....cafe's with outdoor seating and storefronts! Anyone know whats going on down there?
Im excluding the biggest project of all-The Casino....because it most likely wont happen
plans call for 2 highrise hotels on the water(both around 30 stories high) Rehabilitation of old power plant into actual casino....and several parking garages and café's and stores! All shows would have been held at The Zeiterion theatre! more info at KG URBAN ENTERPRISES!
ANY INFO ON THESE DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS, OR ANY I HAVE SKIPPED OR DON'T KNOW ABOUT....WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED!