We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stop at Devils Tower or head straight to Cody?

Carterville...
Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Stop at Devils Tower or head straight to Cody?

We will be staying in Keystone one night in July 2018. Planning on leaving the next morning and either heading to see Devils Tower then stay overnight in Buffalo Wy or just heading straight to Cody Wy. My 14 and 12 year old are interested in fishing. Any nice stops after we leave Devils Tower to fish or should we just skip the tower and head to Cody for 2 nights instead of 1? Plan on doing the Rodeo in Cody also.

2 replies to this topic
Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
6,376 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: Stop at Devils Tower or head straight to Cody?

I'm not sure on any places to fish, but I would personally bite the bullet and drive to the tower and on to Cody. It will be a long day, but feasible. I absolutely love Cody, particularly the Buffalo Bill Museum Complex. To me, the extra night would be warranted to see that.

It will take about 5 hours from the tower to get to Cody. Be sure to get an early start that day. It will take around 2.5 hours from Keystone to the tower.

Carterville...
Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Stop at Devils Tower or head straight to Cody?

Thank you very much for your input. I have read about Cody and it seems to have a lot of things to offer. We are considering the rodeo there also.

Reply to: Stop at Devils Tower or head straight to Cody?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted