We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

on the beach

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
on the beach

Does anyone know if on the beach website could have seats available 1st Oct from edinburgh when the easyjet website says flights full, I have just booked for 2 and waiting on confirmation but now thinking it's a little strange?

Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: on the beach

Easyjet still showing availability for 1st Oct, however at £154 for one way flight it is expensive! How much did OTB quote you? I have booked with OTB before, once the flight price suddenly increased the other time the flight was no longer available.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: on the beach

Easyjet only have 1 seat available on 1st, OTB price for 2 is £843 which is more than I've ever paid for flight only, just wondered if they would still have seats left, booking still pending.

Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: on the beach

Ah ok, yes I see that now, I wouldn't hold much hope, OTB will probably phone you soon and cancel.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: on the beach

That's what I'm thinking but haven't used them before so wondered how long a booking would be pending for, it does say can take up to 48hrs?

Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: on the beach

The longer a confirmation email takes the less likely your booking is successful, when the flight I booked was no longer available it was the next day they phoned me!

I hope they get back to you soon,either way!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: on the beach

Me too! Wishing I had just booked Tues flights with easjet direct now!

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,092 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: on the beach

I've had that with On the Beach before - booked with them a couple of times without any problems, then went to book one time and although it seemed to be okay, the flight was obviously full. On the previous occasions, the confirmation went through almost right away. I just book direct now...

Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: on the beach

Yes I learned that a long time ago,, booking flights direct can be cheaper and its easier to manage if you need to make any changes. OTB is good for booking hotels cheap but not much else!

wigan
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: on the beach

This is just one reason why I do not even bother checking the prices with OTB utter rubbish IMO

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: on the beach

OTB just phoned to say flight is full! They are not a live site, does anyone know who flies from Glasgow on Saturdays, bit of a long shot?

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler