We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to book accomodation?

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to book accomodation?

Hi all.

After taking my youngest son a couple of years ago. My son, daughter, husband and in-laws this year, we're thinking just the two of us together next year would be nice.

Being able to choose what we want to do and where to eat for the whole fortnight ticks all the boxes.

If we got the flights and transfer separate, is it best to just get dropped off in the centre of Icmeler and have a wander round until we find a place we like?

Unsure of how to go about this as we've only booked packages before.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

Solihull, West...
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to book accomodation?

Hi personally over the last few years I have used sunshine.co.uk to book my accommodation I find this way cheaper than booking directly with a hotel or apartment.

Good luck with your search.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to book accomodation?

Personally I would always have accommodation booked prior to flying. I wouldn't fancy arriving in Icmeler and then wandering around trying to find somewhere. Its best to read reviews.

If you prefer to do flight only that's fine but there's loads of sites you can book accommodation through for example booking.com - travel republic - icmeler online - alpha rooms to name a few. As for transfers have a look at the top right hand side of the page and there's a section "Transfer from Dalaman".

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to book accomodation?

We have been travelling independently for 15 years. We often book direct with the accommodation and pay on arrival but sometimes it is cheaper to book through an agent such as Travel Republic. We have used these many times and never had a problem, as goodtotravel says, you need to read reviews before you go so it's easier to compile a shortlist of where you want to stay and then use TravelRepublic or try Trivago which compares prices on all the various websites for you.

Once you have tried DIY travel you will never go back to package (unless of course you spot a last minute bargain) and the beauty is you don't need to stay in the same place. Our holiday in a couple of weeks consists of four different places all travelled to by bus although we use Hoppa for the airport transfers. Turkish buses are brilliant and local dolmus are equally reliable. You can choose flights at times and prices to suit yourself, we are flying out from Liverpool to Bodrum but back 15 days later to Manchester from Dalaman. We always book flights first (EasyJet come out soon for early summer and then http://www.easyjet.com/en/schedule-release) and we spend the winter deciding where we want to go. As first timers keep it simple but be adventurous!

Level Contributor
570 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to book accomodation?

We normally go with sunshine holidays but this yeAr found it cheaper to book flights with Thomas cook and our accommodation and transfer with alpharooms and agree you need to check out reviews

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,147 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to book accomodation?

We book our flights first then sort out accommodation, usually through Icmeler Online

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
773 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to book accomodation?

I book my flights online and go direct to the accommodation but I always stay at the same place and have known them years - if it was an accommodation I'd not stayed in before I'd book through Icmeler Online.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to book accomodation?

Thanks for all the valuable info'.

We are definitely going to 'build' our own holiday for next year.

Should be good fun when picking and choosing not being tied down to package dates.

Plenty of food for thought.

Thanks to everyone.

Mick.

Edited: 13 September 2016, 22:38
8. Re: Best way to book accomodation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2017, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations