We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review 2016

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Review 2016

Arrived back last week. Spent 2 weeks self catering.

Weather brilliant, people great but not as busy as previous. Reviews earlier in season had us concerned that it would be a ghost town but apart from the first day shock that our hotel was filled to only 25% capacity I felt the resort was generally business as usual. It was easier to get in the more popular restaurants which for us was great but you did feel for the people. Despite some reviews saying people were pushy and that you couldn't shop in peace I have to say our experience differed. I found people fine snd a polite no thanks always received a friendly response.

We ate out every day and night and had great meals almost without exception. In particular Meyerum, Alins and Wayside were excellent. Prices have increased on the whole from previous years so I no longer see drinks as particularly good value though where else can you get a fantastic fillet steak or mixed grill for around £11?

We will continue to go self catering as we like to go out on an evening but the cost for a family of 4 (16 and 14 year old boys) is almost at a tipping point where AI would not longer be an expensive alternative.

Still a great holiday destination and the locals we spoke to, whilst admit this year has been very poor, are optimistic about next year. I hope people ignore the scaremongers and return next year otherwise we may lose Icmeler as it is. There is already talk of aiming for younger 18-30 market who may be less concerned about visiting. It would be a shame if this turned out to be the case.

We had a great time and felt very relaxed and safety wasn't ever a concern or even an issue. We loved chilling at Vela bar and people watching whilst listening to great music before dinner or late drinks at Venice or Scotia bar. Missing it already.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,149 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review 2016

Good to hear you enjoyed your holiday - I'm certainly looking forward to coming back next weekend and eating delicious Turkish food again!

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Review 2016

You've just summed up my 11 days, I got back today. Love the place, like you concerned about the resort if people stop going but hopefully next year it'll pick up and people will go. I'm already looking to book for June and August/September next year.

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Review 2016

Glad to hear you had a good time Barry

Really can't see how icmeler would cater for the 18-30 market I wouldn't travel there if that was the case You have marmaris for the younger ones I'd rather icmeler stick to the family or couples market

Anita

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review 2016

From all accounts some areas of Marmaris are as busy as ever so maybe Icmeler are looking at that and trying to replicate. I agree that I can't see it happening but if next year is a repeat of this year then I suppose things may get desperate. Fingers crossed.

5. Re: Review 2016

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2017, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations