We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bank atm

Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bank atm

Hi, does anyone know which is best way to bank to get best rate ?

Withdraw sterling then exchange locally or withdraw Lira from atm ?

And which machine ?

Thanks Darren.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,088 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bank atm

We normally withdraw sterling then change into lira - we use the Is Bank machine under the Kapmar Hotel. There are two ATMs and the one on the left usually dispenses sterling.

Mentioned in this post
Kapmar Hotel
Kapmar Hotel
622 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bank atm

Yeah I know where you mean i wil go there tonight. Cheers.

Lanarkshire
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bank atm

I normally use one of the ATM,s just along from the Love Boat. The HSBC one dispenses Sterling in £50.00 notes. I then exchange it at the small supermarket next to ICL office across from the square.

Mentioned in this post
The Love Boat
The Love Boat
923 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bank atm

Thanks. Got sorted last night, withdrew £500 in sterling, not sure you can even get that much back home in one transaction.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,088 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bank atm

I always warn people just to be careful using those free-standing ones near the Love Boat - I know a few people who have had their cards swallowed by those machines, especially the HSBC one.

Mentioned in this post
The Love Boat
The Love Boat
923 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
London
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bank atm

Just got back the 'Best Supermarket' opposite Romance Bar we're giving the best exchange rate while we were there.

7. Re: Bank atm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2017, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations