We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Insurance advice please

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Insurance advice please

Hi I am gong to icmeler in 10 days and haven't taken medical insurance yet . I have this morning carried a chest of draws down the stairs and my back went had to call an ambulance. I have pulled my cystic nerve I can't walk am worried I won't be able go . Do you think I will lose my money ??

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Insurance advice please

Your better off phoning the insurance company there's that many terms and conditions not to mention the small print

I know the agony your in I've had a trapped nerve before and been dosed up on medication Not nice Done the world of good tho

Anita

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,423 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Insurance advice please

You can't take out travel insurance retrospectively, so if you are unable to travel you will lose your holiday.

It's best practice to take out travel insurance as soon as a holiday is booked.

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Insurance advice please

I haven't taken insurance out . So am worried I have lost everything x

4. Re: Insurance advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 August 2016, 20:35
Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Insurance advice please

Sorry read your post wrong

It's saying you have no insurance

Very doubtful you will get anything back from the travel company

Couple of years ago I was meant to go toCyprus my son was at s stag do and came home rushed into hospital

I hadn't taken insurance as I always got it a couple of days before I went away

Thomas cook let me move my holiday for a fee think £50 but really your not far from the end of season

Edited: 24 August 2016, 18:47
Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Insurance advice please

I always get insurance now when I book it's do cheap providing you've got no medical issues

I find s years multi trip for a couple less than £25

Cheshire
Level Contributor
191 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Insurance advice please

Kymbilly,

Sorry to hear of your accident, you cant take insurance out after the event, but I would speak with the travel company , or see a Osteopath. I had the same 10 days before travelling last year and got sorted with 3 trips to an Osteopath costing £34 each , but I was ok to travel and it worked out fine. Good Luck.

Level Contributor
791 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Insurance advice please

Take out insurance asap.... and near dept date get private doctors certificate stating unfit 2 travel.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
191 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Insurance advice please

There is also very good physiotherapists, etc in Turkey, who once you are there may be able to ease it even more for you perhaps.

I hope it works out for you.

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,423 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Insurance advice please

<<<Take out insurance asap.... and near dept date get private doctors certificate stating unfit 2 travel.>>>

The OP has already called an ambulance, so the incident will be on their medical record.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations