We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jet 2

birkenhead
Level Contributor
118 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
jet 2

Has any body else paid to choose seats on Jet2 and then had their seat changed as they got to the boading gate this happened to me 2 weeks ago on our way out so a family could be seated together who had chosen not to pay for their seats

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: jet 2

We have used jet2 many times over the years.Always Glasgow or Edinburgh we always book and have never had a problem.this has cropped up on other posts and always seems to be airports in England.you have documentation with you're seat number so it shouldn't happen I certainly wouldn't give our seats up to somebody that couldn't be bothered booking but expect to be together at you're cost.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,159 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jet 2

Out of interest, did they refund the money you paid to prebook your seats?

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
176 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jet 2

I chosen not to my girls were just sat behind me so that was ok

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
773 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jet 2

Jet2 are not the only airline I've heard this happens on however its usually because the aircraft has changed not because they choose to sit other people together.

I think there are rules regarding young children not being seated on their own but it shouldn't be the case for whole families who have chosen not to pay.

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
42 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jet 2

Last year they changed our plane to as smaller one & our seats were changed but still together it happened to lots of people on the flight we flew from Manchester.

Level Contributor
366 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jet 2

Usually fly with jet 2 but flying with monarch end of Aug and we've pre booked seats. Hate flying so hope they sit us together or I will cry lol

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,159 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: jet 2

Whatever the reasons behind it, I would have thought that surely if you pay to prebook seats and then the airline changes that, you should be entitled to a refund of that booking fee? Personally, I would never pay to prebook seats - just another money-making rip-off from the airlines in my opinion - but if you're paying for a service which you then don't receive, I'd be demanding my money back.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: jet 2

We've never paid extra for seats on any airline and as a family of three (son now 11) have always been sat together. I do always check in online at the earliest opportunity to save hassle - literally sit and clock watch lol.

birkenhead
Level Contributor
118 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: jet 2

We also check in online as early as possible and also get to airport early as well as i paid for seats i was not given a service i had paid for so have complained to jet 2 waiting for a reply now

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: jet 2

Sue I've never heard anything like you've experienced.you must have had a boarding pass with the booked seat numbers on them.so somebody goes to the check in desk and demands to sit together so you're name comes out the hat??.you get to the boarding gate to be told you're seats are changed.if you had demanded you're seats what then??. There could have been chaos trying to get somebody else to change worse still what if there was more changes the plane wouldn't leave the ground good luck

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations