We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dilemma for next year

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
16 reviews
Dilemma for next year

Hi guys,

I have been to Turkey on numerous occasions and have recently returned from Icmeler after another fantastic weeks holiday.

Next year I was planning on a big family holiday in Turkey but I'm in a quandary.

Given the recent coup and the current uncertainty and unrest I'm not sure what to do.

I appreciate that its a very personal question and its a very emotive subject but...

Would you book up a holiday in Turkey for 2017 at this moment in time.

Thanks in advance

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Dilemma for next year

Not at this moment, I would wait and see what the Airline prices are. Hotels are lowering prices due to low demand, however the Airline prices seem too high at the moment.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Dilemma for next year

Hi Graham B,

So if the price was right you'd still book even though there is so much unrest at the moment?

Thanks

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Dilemma for next year

No, my wife will not return to her country Turkie. I would wait to see if flights get cheaper if the demand grows, I can not see demand growing , however I could be wrong so check flight prices daily.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Dilemma for next year

Thanks Graham

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,430 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Dilemma for next year

There are some cheap flights around at the moment with Monarch.

We booked our flights for next June as soon as they were released - Lufthansa to Izmir for <£200 each incl 23kgs hold luggage, meals and IFE.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
214 reviews
6. Re: Dilemma for next year

I would happily book up again for next year - but at the end of the day, it is down to each individual to make that decision for themselves. We usually wait until the flights are released for the dates we want and then book - arranging our own accommodation after that.

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
36 reviews
7. Re: Dilemma for next year

I'd book for next year would love the family holiday with the kids (both in there 30s) and grandkids but my older son is adamant he won't go to turkey yet we took his son who's now 7 to marmaris 2 years ago and he keeps asking when are we going back

This coup didn't help

I do get sick to death of explaining why I'm still going to turkey you get the it's near Syria hmmmm not quite!!!

My youngest son just gone to Cyprus today it's a all singing all dancing first choice resort that's cost a small fortune

Maybe we may all agree and get together on a family holiday otherwise it's me and hubby

Anita

northwich
Level Contributor
282 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: Dilemma for next year

Been for the last 7 years and have normally booked by now for June next year but waiting to see what happens, Real shame as we love it there but lets see in a few months.

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
36 reviews
9. Re: Dilemma for next year

I'm lucky in the sense that I don't book a year in advance my hubby works for himself do we pick and choose when we go away usually June and September when it's quieter but still decent weather

We only booked icemeler 2 days before the coup but 5 weeks today I'll be on my way

Soooo looking forward to it

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
776 posts
40 reviews
10. Re: Dilemma for next year

I'm holding back, not because I'm worried about going but as others have said the prices are quite steep for the dates I'm hoping to go.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations