We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

it's over

Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Topic
it's over

Watching news looks like it's all over now we can all look forward to our holidays might take couple days to completely back to normal but signs look better sure some people will still not feel safe but that probably would have been the case anyway

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,158 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: it's over

Hopefully things will settle down over the next few days, but I fear this will do even more damage to Turkey's already struggling tourism industry this season, if not for longer. It wouldn't put me off returning, but I can see it deterring others.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: it's over

We are meant to fly out Monday morning from Newcastle here`s hoping its not cancelled

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: it's over

I think this will have done untold damage to the Turkish tourism industry for this season. Reading on a few forums people saying they will now cancel and may not go back, and I fully understand that

Easyjet flights will be out in about 7 weeks time and even I am having second thoughts for next year. Not so much for the terror threat more, will the resort be deserted

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: it's over

As long as the foreign office says it's fine I'm going

I'd hate to have to book somewhere else

Was in Tenerife in May (hubbies choice) and as much as the hotel, the weather and food was really good I just couldn't take to it

Anita

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: it's over

We're going also. Friends there now said it's fine.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,158 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: it's over

I'd be over there tomorrow if I could. I feel heartbroken for all those with businesses there though - I fear this could do untold damage to an already struggling tourism industry this season. Personally, it wouldn't bother me if the place was deserted, but I do feel for those trying to make a living.

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: it's over

Sadly blondie it's happening everywhere

After Tunisia and Egypt and then what happened in nice a couple of days ago

I'm looking forward to my break in sept quiet or not

Level Contributor
791 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: it's over

September 12th fingers x

Greater London...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: it's over

the things is us from the uk are also on high alert most countries are but it doesnt stop us going out over here

Greater London...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: it's over

most countries r on high alert and uk but that doesnt stop me going out

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations