We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

road closed

Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
road closed

We are traveling to icmeler now but have just heard the road between marmaris and icmeler is closed any updates would be appreciated.

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: road closed

Sky news reported this earlier due to bombings and gunfire apparently

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
897 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: road closed

Elaine is at work in the office in Icmeler. There is only one road in and out and at 2am this morning her and her friends left Harmony bar and went to Marmaris where they live with no problems or road blocks or gun fire.

She rode to work this morning along that road on her little pink scooter and not a problem so where the Chinese Whispers come from I do not know

THERE IS NO ROAD CLOSED> THERE IS NO GUN FIRE. THERE IS NO TROUBLE IN THE RESORTS

Bawburgh
Level Contributor
485 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: road closed

The president was staying at the grand yhatzie hotel and gun fire was at this hotel people staying there have reported also marmaris palace

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: road closed

I'm arriving with my family Wednesday at dalaman then onto icmeler ,I'm a little worried is it ok over there for British tourists ? If I was by myself it wouldn't bother me but I got my children with me

wigan
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: road closed

Turkey travel advice 16-07-2016 07:27 AM GMT Latest Update: Summary - There has been large scale military action in Turkey, with the military deployed to the streets and widespread reports of gunfire and explosions in Ankara and Istanbul. The situation now appears quieter in Istanbul, and the bridges across the Bosphorus are re-opening. But there are reports of tank fire and small arms fire in Ankara. Some flights to airports in Turkey are being diverted or cancelled. The road between Marmaris and Icmeler remains closed, following earlier reports of gunfire between the resorts of Marmaris and Icmeler.We strongly advise you to stay indoors, avoid public places, in particular demonstrations, and remain vigilant.

Leicester, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: road closed

Just keep your eyes open very nice place

Leicester, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: road closed

They mean the big hill on way in not Rd from iclemer to marmaris

Bawburgh
Level Contributor
485 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: road closed

The grand yazie club is on rd to marmaris from icmeler

North west
Level Contributor
519 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: road closed

Spoke to people out there. They don't even think the road was closed. As said above certainly wasnt in the early hours of the morning. I go Tuesday so just hoping I enjoy as much as normal.

2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: road closed

Let me know how you get on I'm supposed to be flying Wednesday afternoon

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler