We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Town

Wickford, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Old Town

Hi All

I keep reading about the old town , where is it from town square and is it worth a walk. Coming out next week and staying at the Marti resort

thanks

Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Town

On the square turn round keep the sea at ur back and walk forwards up the side of the canal lovely walk

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
377 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Town

Go up from the square to the main road.go straight across go right up that Street and you are in the village area.just walk about and find things out for yourself it's not that big enjoy.

Wickford, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Town

Thank you .we cant wait to be there ... its been about 7 yrs since we was last there

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,953 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Town

Although a lot of people describe anything from the main road back as the "old town", the real old village area is around the mosque off the dry canal. If you walk along the main road toward Cafe Anne's then cross over and follow the dry canal towards the back of the resort, you will see the mosque to your left. The little streets and alleyways around there are the real old village and are a world away from the hustle and bustle of the main centre of the resort.

Wickford, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Town

Thanks. We will going and have a walk around. .cant wait.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
748 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old Town

Can't beat a stroll into the old village, my favourite time is at dusk.

Wickford, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Old Town

Can't beat a walk after dinner

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,953 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Old Town

That's the best way, to be honest - just get out and about and explore all the little streets and alleyways. You usually bump into some of the locals - and quite often some of their livestock too! There are some really pretty little bits around the old village.

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,793 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Old Town

We stayed in the Petunya Konak Hotel in the Old Town last year. It was lovely and the food was so good. There is a lady Chef and I would give her food 10 out of 10.

I would also say the Turkish breakfast was beautiul. I would recommend a meal there, you do not have to be a resident to eat there.

I would also recommend a stay there to anyone else, lovely and peaceful and fabulous views over the mountains and down to the sea.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g…

Mentioned in this post
Petunya Konak Boutique Hotel
Petunya Konak Boutique...
205 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,953 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Old Town

Oh, that's good to know, Frances-Jane - it's a place we've often thought about staying at. It does look lovely...

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations