We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here now

Level Contributor
540 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Here now

Had good meal in kayra yesterday in Kardelen now things can't get much better . Can any1 tell me where I can get Turkish menemen pls

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,092 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Here now

Most of the little Turkish places such as Kayra, Kardelen, Nefis, Meryem Yemek Evi etc will do menemen - you don't often see it on the menu, but just ask and they will be happy to make it for you. Deniz Kapisi down on the beachfront do a nice one too. Last year, we went on a "menemen mission" and tried it in various places around the resort - we had to ask if they would make it for us, but everywhere we did they were quite happy to do so. Meryem Yemek Evi was probably one of the best.

Edited: 30 June 2016, 15:48
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Here now

Hi..Is it busy people are saying its really not busy for the time of the season.also is it just as cheap as normal.Thanks.j

Edited: 30 June 2016, 16:09
Level Contributor
540 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Here now

We haven't done a great lot yet we have had 2 good Turkish meals paid around 45 lira for the 2 of us . We went out last night had drinks in blondies they were busy scotia bar got busy sevgi bar and Maya's were also pretty busy. Buffalo and blues brothers very quiet. 10 lira for effes this year so up a little from last year . Just been for a walk out and not a lot of people about shops are very quiet . Exchange rate today around 3.80 not too good compared to last year .

Level Contributor
540 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Here now

Thanks for that blondiescot u knew you would no hadn't tried it till last year after reading on here about it and I think it was u who mentioned it just couldn't remember where I had it

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Here now

HI..Thanks for the update

Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Here now

Please excuse my ignorance what exactly is menemen.

Level Contributor
540 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Here now

Blondiescot will probs be able to describe it better than me lol it's made with eggs and tomatoes onions spices my best description would be a cross between an omelette and scrambled egg but it's delicious the way the Turks make it a must try when your here

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,092 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Here now

Yes, it's like a Turkish version of scrambled eggs, made with onions, peppers and tomatoes. It's absolutely delicious especially with fresh Turkish bread to mop up all the juices. It's one of those things which everyone makes slightly differently - some leave the eggs whole and some add chillies to spice it up a bit, but it's always delicious!

Level Contributor
540 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Here now

Just had menemen in coco beach it was lush . Beach not even half full but plenty in coco beach for lunch .had good nite last night in scotia bar buffalo was very quiet again and their effes only 8 lira and 1£ pint for draft . Beach side restaurant doing 3 course meal £6.99 for any chicken pasta or pizza and £8.99 for any steak

10. Re: Here now

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2017, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations