We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts on October

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
748 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Thoughts on October

I know nobody can say for sure whats going to happen but I wanted to get views on travelling this October.

I normally go the last week of September for about 10 days but somebody at work has beat me to the time off this year. This means I can go mid September or mid October.

I know mid September is probably the option I should choose with some businesses closing early but I wanted to get opinions on what others would do please.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thoughts on October

I've also booked for October. In terms of weather I've been both September and October not really noticed much difference. You'll get a bit of cloud and the heat is much more bearable. I'm in marmaris now (June) it is a bit quieter than usual so if the bookings drop season could end earlier but icemeler is a quiet resort so maybe not much difference

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thoughts on October

I would say mid September would be your best choice.

As the resort has been so quiet, I can see many businesses not staying open until mid October. The events of yesterday will not help either

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thoughts on October

I would also go for mid September. We usually go September into October and love it at that time of year. Last year some businesses closed early due to lack of tourists and I can foresee that happening again this year. I am concerned about how many restaurants/bars will be able to survive the downturn in business this season and feel for the hardworking staff and business owners, This latest shocking atrocity will have done nothing to ease the situation. I'm sure you will have a lovely holiday whatever you decide Chezza.

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,955 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thoughts on October

Mid-September is a lovely time to visit - we're hoping to go back around then too. We have been in October though - we went several years running around mid-October and had lovely weather, warm and sunny during the day and only a little cooler at night, then one year we went and it rained the entire week, and when I say rained, I mean it poured all day, all week. We were assured that was very unusual, and to be fair, I think it was. The added thing this year I think would be that with it being so quiet, many places may well close earlier than usual, so things could be very quiet indeed by the time October comes around.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
748 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thoughts on October

Thanks everybody for your replies

London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thoughts on October

Hi, we are going the last week of October same as last year, had a fantastic ,weather amazing although shops were closing for the end of the season we got great deals!!! This year I feel it will be very quiet however a holiday is what you make it😂

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thoughts on October

I'm flying out on 11th Oct to 18th Oct this year I normally go in Aug so I was also a bit worried but the person I normally book my trips with has assured me that at tht time weather is still really warm and cooler at nights and also the trips will still b running as normal, with slight amendments to the times of trip due to not as much day light as there is in high season :-)

uk
Level Contributor
433 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thoughts on October

We went last October the weather was still very hot, even on a night we didn't need jackets, everywhere was open just a bit quite, loved it that much we are going again this October.

9. Re: Thoughts on October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2017, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler