We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas cook flight change room change

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas cook flight change room change

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can give me any advice.

We've booked to go to Bilnur apartments on 21st August like many others our flights were changed from Doncaster to Manchester and flying out a day earlier then previously booked.

Our original booking was for a one bedroom apartment but due to the date change Thomas cook would only offer me a 1 bedroom attic room as the only other rooms available was 1 bed superior room and they said they wouldn't authorise this as the price had already gone up significantly even though we are going one day earlier. My dilemma is from reading reviews I now found out there are no lifts to the Attic rooms and the stairs can be a difficult with people with walking difficulties I was born with a right side Hemeplegia (cerebral Palsy) and I have difficulties walking up and down flights of stairs.

Can any body give me advice on how I stand with Thomas cook can they ask me to pay extra for a superior room even though my original room was a 1 bedroom apartment but they have downgraded me to a Attic room I feel they have already inconvenienced us by changing our flights from Doncaster to Manchester.

Thanks in advance

Claire

Mentioned in this post
Bilnur Apartments
Bilnur Apartments
260 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,068 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas cook flight change room change

I would complain in the strongest possible terms to them, Claire - emphasise that the room they are now offering you is not suitable because of your condition. Point out that the changes they have made are major changes and, under the terms and conditions of your booking, you would be entitled to cancel and obtain a full refund - so under the circumstances, ask them to move you into a superior room instead, at their expense.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas cook flight change room change

Claire I have went on to tc site for July, august, September, and they all advertise 1 bedroom apartments.in turkey unfortunately attic rooms come under this description.i sincerely hope when you booked you made it clear you needed a lift with you're condition.after all you're trouble you would think tc would take the hit.i hope everything works out.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas cook flight change room change

Thank you for you replies I have emailed TC and waiting for them to get back to me.

When I made the original booking online in January I was given the option of 1 bedroom apt, superior apt and attic apartment and I requested a ground floor apartment.

Thanks

Claire

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas cook flight change room change

Whatever you do don't go for a ground floor room in the old block, we were given one last September and it was bad, the rooms are at a lower level than ground level so your balcony is half under ground if you know what I mean and your view is a wall about 4 meters in front of you, it's not private on the balcony yours is shared with your neighbours separated by a low wall, you go down one flight down stairs to get to them, and our was dark and smelled damp, despite all this we really enjoyed it at Bilnur but vowed we would not go back unless it was a superior room.

You want one in the new block (superior), I would bang on about the stairs to the lower than ground floor rooms and try my upmost to get upgraded for free, bearing mind the changes you have accepted, or has a last resort pay for the upgrade, it's worth it an you won't regret it.

Mentioned in this post
Bilnur Apartments
Bilnur Apartments
260 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas cook flight change room change

You could ask them to consider that by refusing you a ground floor flat, they might be in breach of the Disability Discrimintion Act (DDA) 2010, which makes it unlawful to discriminate against disabled people in the provision of goods, facilities and services.

I would advise them that you specifically requested a ground floor room and that they must provide a room of similar design in order to accommodate you. Good luck.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas cook flight change room change

Hi All,

Thankfully all been sorted I was transferred to Thomas cook special assistance, they told me that a 1 bedroomed apartment had now become available so they were able to transfer me back to it. So I am very happy and very excited for my holiday.

Thank you all for your advice

Claire X

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
759 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas cook flight change room change

Please you got sorted Claire - enjoy your holiday :))

Level Contributor
536 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas cook flight change room change

Pleased you sorted have a nice holiday claire

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas cook flight change room change

That's good news Claire and enjoy your holiday. When I book a holiday I always phone the Special Assistance Team to ensure they understand our needs and allocate suitable accommodation and seating on the plane,just in case there's any misunderstanding. It has always worked for us. Now you can relax and look forward to your holiday stress free.

10. Re: Thomas cook flight change room change

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2017, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations