We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked with Thomas Cook

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Booked with Thomas Cook

We have booked our holiday with Thomas Cook and have a printed itinerary. Thomas Cook have since written to us to advise that we are now flying with Smart Lynx on behalf on Thomas Cook.

I have read horror stories about flight timings being changed without prior warnings. I'm guess my main concerns are:

Is the itinerary the only documentation I need to check in and for the hotel in Icmeler?

Has anyone experienced any issues that I need to prepare for?

Hotel Aqua
Hotel Aqua
#2 of 78 hotels in Icmeler
Petunya Konak Boutique Hotel
Petunya Konak Boutique Hotel
#10 of 78 hotels in Icmeler
Fortuna Beach Hotel
Fortuna Beach Hotel
#20 of 78 hotels in Icmeler
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked with Thomas Cook

We have also booked with TC, although we have been given a E ticket and other paperwork we have been told in reality all we have to produce is our passport. Howver, given their performance this summer we will be taking every piece of admin we can!last year to be truthful all we did require was our passport, pray God no more changes!

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,076 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked with Thomas Cook

I would take all documentation you have with you just to be on the safe side - but I would also advise you to check your booking online to ensure there are no last minute changes. I was reading just a few days ago about someone who turned up for their flight with Thomas Cook (along with many other passengers, I hasten to add) only to find it had been cancelled! TC were putting them up in a hotel overnight to fly out the next day, but claimed they had notified everyone weeks beforehand when that clearly wasn't the case.

Holywell, United...
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked with Thomas Cook

depends where you are staying, and when your flight is. We personally never book with Thomas Cook, but we were staying in Turunc last month ( May) and met various friends whose flights were changed by up to 3 days - including some brought forward - without notice or only a few days notice. In fact, some people only found out when they phoned TC to check their flight times, as they had been warned that this might happen. Also, Rose apartments cancelled their contract with TC last year, but TC were still taking bookings for the Rose and some guests were being taken to the Loryma Complex - about 2K outside the village up a steep hill, or some taken to Icmeler. I would definitely check all details a couple of days before the due date.

Mentioned in this post
Turunc
Turunc
Marmaris District, Turkey
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris District, Turkey
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked with Thomas Cook

Booked with TR flights with EJ then changed to TC, no indications once we arrived in turkey our outgoing flight was changed TC rep couldn't help as we booked with TR. TR sorted us out new flights (no extra cost as not our fault) and a claim going through for it all lost out on a days work and the stress was horrid, travelling with a 14 and a diabetic. Check a few days before for flights time and again on the day, will never fly with TC ever

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked with Thomas Cook

We booked with T.C for years flying from Aberdeen (twice each year). They always subcontracted the flights to Turkish Airlines such as Free Bird and Pegagus. There was no problem with the flights. The only thing we found was, you could not pre-book seats and people used to arrive very early at Aberdeen Airport to queue, so they could get seats together, we also never knew if there would be food on the planes. The flights were fine and we actually preferred the planes to T.Cooks.

I have never heard of them using this non-Turkish airline before. I look it up this is it. I am sure that will be trouble free too.

smart-lynx.com/corporate/…about

Edited: 19 June 2016, 16:48
Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,076 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked with Thomas Cook

Thomas Cook have been using Smartlynx for some time now

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booked with Thomas Cook

Not from the flights we had from Aberdeen. Unfortunately, no flights from Aberdeen now, but we used Easyjet this year, miles better than T.C.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
762 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booked with Thomas Cook

I must be lucky because I've never had a problem with TC (or any other airline) & I've travelled extensively for the last 20 years. I don't count delays because that's a risk you take when you book air travel.

My TC flight was cancelled in may & was changed by 1 day but I got an email in February advising of the change.

I'm flying Thomson next month because they fly on the days I want to travel.

uk
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booked with Thomas Cook

Weve just returned having flown with TC & had no problems whatsever. There are notices @ check in @ Dalaman advising about the changes but basically tells us that flights are sub contracted. All our crew wore Thomas Cook uniforms & service was usual standard.

Only problems I overheard were on way out from Manchester where some people were not in seats they had originally booked. This appeared to be because they had booked their flights/seats before the airline had consolidated some flights( ie used a bigger plane & filled it rather than sending smaller planes less full.)

Hope this helps put your mind at rest - Enjoy your holiday!

Mentioned in this post
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
1,665 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booked with Thomas Cook

I have flown with TC the past ten years, no problems yet touch wood. Brand new plane last year depart and return 3.5 hours very fast new planes.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations