We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchanging now or then?

5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Exchanging now or then?

Hello all

Was wondering if it would be ebtter to change currency for july trip now or when on resort. I know the consensus is resorts offer better rates but with the rate dropping and the eu referendum potentially damaging the pound i wonder what peoples opinions are?

crawley
Level Contributor
547 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchanging now or then?

Wait until after the referendum. Vote in should win and then the pound should hopefully recover

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,079 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchanging now or then?

it's always a gamble when it comes to exchanging money - the rate has been dropping slightly for the past week or so, but it's hard to say what will happen. As caskey has said, the results of the referendum could well affect it, so I would also hold off for now...

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Hisaronu
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchanging now or then?

Wouldn't it be great if we had a glass ball that told us what impact this EU referendum vote would have on everything in our lives. What ever the outcome resort is always better than the UK for the exchange rate.

Hopefully the outcome won't cause me to have to pay through the nose for my daily Efes addiction, whilst in Icmeler!

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris District, Turkey
northwich
Level Contributor
278 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchanging now or then?

4.07 ish in resort today

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
18,012 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exchanging now or then?

The odds on Leave or stay in the referendum have got closer than they ever have over the weekend its definitely having an effect of Sterling the uncertainty is causing it to weaken and we still have 10 days to go if we stay i can see it bouncing back big style if we leave god knows how low it could go for a while until it sorts its self out.

4.10 best in Marmaris today

Stevie

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Marmaris District, Turkey
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
1,665 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Exchanging now or then?

What are the odds Stevie???????????

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
18,012 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Exchanging now or then?

1/2 stay but thats been as short as 1/7 and 7/4 leave but thats been as big as 4/1 graham.

Stevie

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
1,665 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Exchanging now or then?

Cheers Stevie, its looking very interesting now.

Swindon
Level Contributor
70 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Exchanging now or then?

I've always found the cashpoints give a good exchange rate??

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,079 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Exchanging now or then?

They often do, yes - but then it depends on what charges, if any, your bank imposes for using the cash machines while you are abroad. Not all do - and in some cases, it varies depending on what kind of card or account you have. It pays to check before you go on holiday, because some people do get a nasty surprise when they return home and find they've been charged more than they expected for using their card.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler