We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten free

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Gluten free

Hi if just told I,m ceoliac, I,m wondering if anybody on here is wheat intolerant and how they cope when in Turkey

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Home Bistro
₹, European, Turkish, International
Sevgi Bar
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Pub
Golden Moon champagne steak house
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Steakhouse, Pizza, Mediterranean
edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,980 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten free

I've seen people asking about gluten-free food on various Icmeler groups before, and the best advice was that you can get a card from the Coeliac Society - which is available in various languages, including Turkish - and it explains the condition so you can show it to staff in restaurants to outline what you can and can't eat. Most places are usually happy to cater for particular dietary requirements if they can - a lot of places do offer you free bread and mezes with meals though, so obviously you'd have to watch out for that, and also be aware that the rice they often serve with dishes sometimes contains what looks like brown rice mixed in with the white, but is actually a type of pasta, so again, a no-no if you can't eat anything with gluten in it.

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten free

Thank you fir that I,Ll get that card sirted

Solihull, West...
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gluten free

Hopefully somebody can explain this better but as you approach dolohins/square from old village turn left onto main road.

Not sure what the restaurant is called but think next to a bank by the road you can cut through to cash machines.

They were offering a Gluten Free Menu hope someone understands my description and can possibly name the restaurant for you.

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,980 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gluten free

I have no idea which restaurant you mean from that description, I'm afraid - can you remember anywhere which was near it at all?

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,980 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gluten free

Just found a post from someone whose son was coeliac and they said they found Hanedan very helpful, suggesting suitable dishes and even making gluten-free bread specially for him.

Solihull, West...
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gluten free

I will ask my friend and hopefully she will remember the name. It was next to either a bank or office complex.

As you might be aware by now terrible with names and directions lol.

7. Re: Gluten free

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2017, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations