We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to avoid

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Place to avoid

Once again unsuspecting folks were almost conned.Place in question i s FIGARO the hairdresser next to Alins

2people in our apt were passing and he enticed them in to give them his card for later.Once in wax was placed on their ears When they objected he said sit down and he would remove. They did he then removed wax and started to shave around their ears. They objected again said they had no money. As they went to walk out he said 80 lira, said they had nno money he then said 40 lira. A heated discussion then took place and the guys simply walked out, lucklily they were fairly young and fit.Moukfulls of abuse followed as they walked out

Please tell anyone you know to avoid these scam merchants

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to avoid

Yes he tried to call us in but I just glared at him. Should have leant your green hat to them haha

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to avoid

Lol just read same post on f book

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to avoid

He got me last year, on the third attempt.

Quick head shave, usual wax everywhere, up the nose, in the ears etc.

Charged me 200TL.

£50 for ten minutes work.

I was so, so naive I paid up.

Really, really hope he asks me this year.

Aberdare
Level Contributor
12 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to avoid

Got me last year. I've never had a Turkish shave so didn't know what to expect. Told me 12 lira on the way in. Proceeded to give me the works. Shave, eyebrows, massage, ears set on fire etc. Then charged me 130 lira on the way out. I wasn't happy but paid up because I didn't know what was happening and he looked like Charles Bronson so wasn't going to argue!

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,093 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to avoid

I warned my husband about this place after everybody saying about what they did last year. We stayed at Avlu 1 just by them and every day he walked past them on his walks and had no problem with them and a bit of banter went on, he would stop and stand there and say " do I look like I need a shave or haircut " they would all have a laugh and they didnt approach him at all.

Ramsey, United...
Level Contributor
499 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Place to avoid

Just an update. Alins have purchased this hair dressers shop to extend into. So no more demon barber.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Place to avoid

Unfortunately he has worked in Icmeler for years and all he will do is move to another barber, Why anyone would employ him is beyond me, he cannot be good for business

Once the season starts again we will find out where he works if he is back and keep evryone updated

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,477 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Place to avoid

I would bloody knock him out if he tried that on with me or the o/h..... How does he get away with it... He needs reporting to the police.....

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Place to avoid

As smc says he moves round icmeler so it won't be the last we see off him. At least we knew where he was before

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,146 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Place to avoid

We will all just have to keep our eyes open and see where he rears his head next time. But if he does reappear and get up to his old tricks again, then people need to actually report him or he will just keep on doing it.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler