We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Marmaris Palace anyone?

London, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
12 reviews
Club Marmaris Palace anyone?

Hi, have booked to stay here in October,we were next door last year and had an amazing time and amazing weather.There. Are not many 'British reviews at the moment is this because it's so early or not very popular?

Bawburgh
Level Contributor
491 posts
245 reviews
1. Re: Club Marmaris Palace anyone?

Hi we stayed a few years ago nice apt but couldn't see the sea as trees in the way animation team good pool clean food was repetitive and wasps a problem on uncovered food outside bar very busy and the Russian guests had no idear of queuing or waiting there turn very rude ice cream is extra amusements for kids amphitheatre good entertainment grounds clean as is hotel sunbeds a problem with early riders putting towels down it's a 25min walk to icmeler and about 45to marmaris you can get water taxi to both from hotel dock

Edited: 01 June 2016, 14:54
London, England...
Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Club Marmaris Palace anyone?

I have been there two years in a row.

The place is amazing, great staff, nice rooms and amazing views.

We went the last week in September until the 12th October. The staff were just winding down getting ready to head home so some of them had a bit of an "I dont care" attitude.

The pool is great especially the relax pool although the sun shifts from one end to the other during the day. Sitting on the jetty is best as the sun stays there all day long.

Weather is hit an miss in October, the year before last we had a few thunderstorms but this was in the evening. Last year was perfect weather and really hot until the day we left in October.

As you know, Marmaris Palace is right next door to Marmaris Park. If you can, request a room in the main building as the bungalow rooms tend to hear all the music from Marmaris Park in the late evening.

Food is great, I am a really fussy eater and have a gluten free diet so there was plenty to choose from for me.

Russian's can be a bit rude with pushing in line but don't let that bother you. Once they get their vodka they are fine. Some even talk to you!

Book your trips with Daniel who has a booth just before you get to the jetty, We rented a private boat about 4 times last year and only once the year before called the White Shark. It cost us something like £190 for three of us but it was totally worth it. The guy, Mustafa, is the most amazing guy you will ever meet. He will take you to all the places the big boats go too and more and he will not hassle you at all, he wont even join you for lunch and it is only him on the boat and no one else. His a friend of ours now.

Also unlike Marmaris Park, the bottled water is free from convenient placed fridges all around the hotel. WiFi is also free but reception is hit and miss. good if you are in the lobby.

I think also now they offer a free shuttle bus to marmaris or Icmeler so thats an added bonus, but taxi rank right outside and either way is only 20TL

Ask the guy at the pine bar for a drink called a "Pink one" - He will crack up :)

We were planning to go back this year but we couldn't get the dates off we wanted and ended up booking Club Turban which is a sister hotel so hoping that it will be just as good.

Have an amazing time!

London, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Club Marmaris Palace anyone?

Thanks we went to club turban last October had a few problems with room but soon sorted, pool was freezing but family had a laugh, sea pier great , did not go to evening shows but enjoyed bar!!! Lots of cats not great but did not spoil our holiday.hsve a great time

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
106 posts
37 reviews
4. Re: Club Marmaris Palace anyone?

Hi, we are just back. I have left a review but it hasn't shown up yet. We had a great time, it is a gorgeous place. I think it was quieter than usual and maybe not just because it was the start of the season. The bungalows to the left of the hotel towards the Marmaris Park were all closed off , but the hotel and bungalows to the right were all open. It wasn't difficult getting sunbeds or tables but there was still a great atmosphere. I would say that the guests were 50% British, 30% Ukraine and 20% Turkish with a few others thrown in. All the staff were great and the food was fab. You will have a brill time, i am well jel - and by then the pools should have heated up a bit!!!

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
5. Re: Club Marmaris Palace anyone?

Hi Just got back from Marmaris Palace had a great time ....Food good, bit canteen but very tasty and lots of choice...room good with great sea views... staff a delight and very attentive .... Don't worry about Russians they don't go any more due to the downing of their fighter a while ago... now it is the Ukrainians who are quite polite. You do have to chase the sun a bit due to the Pine Trees but they also make it quite magical.. Loads to do and the Spa is worth a visit..

6. Re: Club Marmaris Palace anyone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2017, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations