We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Was last years july weather above average?

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Was last years july weather above average?

Hi

Telling the crowd here that are returning with us this july that the weather was too hot to sunbathe for more than 10 mins at a time and you couldn't really go for long walks in the mid afternoon sun without having to pop into a bar for a drink.

They're having none of it!

So, I'm just asking 'was last july's weather hotter than the norm'.

I've been all over the world even spending 6 weeks in Israel mid summer and haven't experienced the heat of Turkey before.

I've told them all this but they think I'm telling porkies!

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Home Bistro
₹, European, Turkish, International
Sevgi Bar
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Pub
Golden Moon champagne steak house
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Steakhouse, Pizza, Mediterranean
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
74 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Was last years july weather above average?

We were there last July,and I can honestly back you up and say it was very hot,too hot to walk about,too hot to sunbathe,and too hot to move.I can honestly say I will NEVER go that time again.Best time to go is May or Sept,We go mid may and it is best time to go to be comfortable.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Was last years july weather above average?

Temps in July and August are seriously hot, typically around 40 degrees and for me and many others it is too hot and uncomfortable. Its bad enough during the day but night temps are also around, 25 degrees, too hot to sleep.

Been once at the end of June begin of July and vowed never again

We now go in May, flying out in 5 days, and temps are typically 25/30 degrees which is just nice

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
377 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Was last years july weather above average?

We were there last week in Sept and it was 35+.all the workers looked shattered as it was a excessively hot sumner

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Was last years july weather above average?

We went the last week of August last year the temperature got up to 46 degrees!!

west midlands
Level Contributor
238 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Was last years july weather above average?

it was very hot last year ive been told from a friend who lives in icmeler that its to be hotter this year

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Was last years july weather above average?

it was hot last year but the pool and the nice cold drinks helped, i just hope its hotter this year as us brits always moan when its cold and raining all the time,so 2 weeks in the baking sun is on the menu.

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,793 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Was last years july weather above average?

July and August are always the hottest months in Turkey, this is why a lot of the Turks move up to the mountains in these months.

We came once in July, but would not return in that month. May/June and the September/Octboer for us, plus the bonus is no school kids around. (Been there done that and got the tee shirt ).

Edited: 27 May 2016, 18:12
Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
8. Re: Was last years july weather above average?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2017, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations