We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toiletries

Level Contributor
815 posts
1 review
Toiletries

Is best to buy toothpaste, suncream , after sun ect from airport or r they cheaper in resort.. Doing flight only ...

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Toiletries

Cheaper in the UK Len

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
422 posts
2. Re: Toiletries

Make sure you're through customs before buying

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,430 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Toiletries

Len W, I haven't bought toiletries airside but if I was traveling hand luggage only, I would definitely buy at the airport.

I wouldn't want to arrive in resort, not be able to find my preferred brand/factor, be faced with sunscreen that has been incorrectly stored outside the local shop in direct sunlight and then possibly having to pay higher prices. If you have time in resort it is possible to find chemists who store their products inside in airconditioned premises but it would be unlikely to be cheaper than Boots airside.

Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
267 posts
4. Re: Toiletries

Len,

I think it would be wise to sort out all your toiletries etc before you arrive at your destination (i.e before you travel or at your departure airport) as it will save you having to go out on your first day to round up shampoos, sun creams, after sun etc etc.

I think it would definately be worth checking if the boots at your departure airport offers click and collect, so you could place your order for toiletries a few days before and collect your purchases at the boots store in the departure lounge- saving on your luggage allowance but also you know you have what you need- what would you do if you got to the airport and they were sold out of the sun cream you need?

5. Re: Toiletries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 March 2016, 13:53
Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
19,796 posts
147 reviews
6. Re: Toiletries

Problem with Boots at the Airport is, they are expensive. I noted last time I travelled that a roll-on deodorant was 75p on offer in my local Boots and £2.25 in the Boots at the Airport. Toiletries are cheaper to buy in your local Boots or local shops and pack in your suitcase. Sunscreen is more expensive in Turkey, but you will find a lot of familiar brands of shampoo etc., at comparable prices in Turkey so no need to bring them.

Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
267 posts
7. Re: Toiletries

Another favourable reason to use click and collect then, I presume you would benefit from the online/high street prices that boots offer on their website as apposed to the inflated airport prices!

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,955 posts
16 reviews
8. Re: Toiletries

We always go to the local supermarket and buy things in resort. If you buy Turkish brands they are very cheap and it saves you carrying them. The only thing we pack is sun cream as you will get better offers and more choice at home.

Level Contributor
815 posts
1 review
9. Re: Toiletries

Thanks for all the replys ... First time flying hand luggage only..

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
19,796 posts
147 reviews
10. Re: Toiletries

In that case, definitely buy your toiletries in Turkey.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations