We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lift the gloom

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
Save Topic
lift the gloom

There's been a lot of gloom recently and rightly so.Its worrying about not getting you're holiday.But I saw a post from about 4 years ago titled what or who gets on you're nerves on holiday.The answers were hilarious so folks anything to lighten the mood.

Solihull, West...
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lift the gloom

When I booked a boat trip on my friends boat last year and he told me not to walk as the minibus would pick me up.

Waited outside the hotel and the lovely air conditioned bus pulled up and my friend approached with a grin saying more people had booked so the minibus was full and someone would pick me up in 5 mins.

My carriage arrived a knackered moped with another member of the crew driving it. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. What an experience zooming down Turgutreis promenade clinging on for grim death.

I have used the same boat for 5 years and they thought it was quite amusing all wauting at the harbour laughing. I was petrified and needed a vodka when I got on the boat lol x

Not a what gets on your nerves story but always makes me giggle when I think about it 😀

Edited: 27 February 2016, 04:17
Mentioned in this post
Turgutreis
Turgutreis
Bodrum, Turkey
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lift the gloom

The waiters outside romance restaurant annoy me the most

Level Contributor
186 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lift the gloom

Funny you should say that, my daughter said the same thing 10 years ago!!!!

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lift the gloom

What about that dude that used to work out front of the Baron. Monumental pain in the ar*e!

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: lift the gloom

I like when you just get in the cabin there they are half way up getting stuff out there hand luggage from the locker.they have carried the bag around the airport for 3 hours never mind you.when you get there you can see you're case but you can't get near for bodies and trolleys.dalaman airport somebody switch the air con on.as the wife says you're easily bothered ha

Ramsey, United...
Level Contributor
495 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lift the gloom

The length of time the transfer bus takes to get to our hotel. Last drop in Icmeler via half a dozen drops in Marmaris and a wait for the Turunc peoplest taxi.

Private transfer booked this year 😉

Edited: 29 February 2016, 21:44
Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris District, Turkey
Marmaris
Marmaris
Turunc
Turunc
7. Re: lift the gloom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 March 2016, 16:35
Edited: 01 March 2016, 16:35
Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: lift the gloom

This will certainly not lighten the mood but my pet hate is people who reserve sun beds and don't appear until the afternoon. I have witnessed people doing this when they came back after a late night/early morning - how selfish is that? On a final note but on the same subject is people who reserve beds for their friends who are not living in the accommodation and people who do live there can't get a sun bed. In my opinion management of the accommodation should address this type of behaviour and not rely on people complying with the notices at the poolside - rant over!

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
761 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: lift the gloom

People who can't follow instructions!

Particularly on the plane when the cabin crew say "Do not unbuckle your seat belts until the seat belt lights are switched off" - its a pretty clear instruction but people still do it - whyyy?? lol

Scunthorpe
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: lift the gloom

People who try over come the language barrier by shouting and speaking slowly 😁

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations