We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maricya apartments. Icmeler.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Maricya apartments. Icmeler.

Hi, have seen these apartments on the Thomson website. I cannot find any reviews on T/A or elsewhere. I am wondering if there has been a name change or perhaps the accommodation has previously been sold exclusively outside the uk. Has anyone stayed at these apartments or can someone point me toward some reviews? Many thanks. Pete.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,074 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maricya apartments. Icmeler.

Hi Pete - the reason you won't find many reports on the Maricya is because up until now, they have mainly been sold to the Scandinavian market, but Thomson are now making them available to UK customers too. We've often walked past them and thought how nice they look - they're just along the road from the Winehouse restaurant (sort of behind the Marti Hotel). They're nice apartments and of course, in a great location just minutes from the beach. Scandinavian guests who have stayed there seem to rate them quite highly - I'd have no hesitation staying there.

Edited: 20 January 2016, 12:52
Mentioned in this post
Winehouse
Winehouse
691 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Maricya apartments. Icmeler.

Thanks Blondie, the scandinavians and germans are a little more discerning than us brits, so chances are these will be very nice apartments. My only problem is that I can't book these immediately as I am on a course of chemotherapy, which won't finish until the end of may so hopefully these apartments will be still available then for a september holiday.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,074 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maricya apartments. Icmeler.

Hope all goes well for you and you get to enjoy your holidays when they come.

Campbeltown, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maricya apartments. Icmeler.

I must say that I am sorely tempted to book these apartments as they look to be a cut above the run of the mill 3* ones that are normally available. As far as I can tell Tommy C and the others apart from Thomson are all doing daft hour flights this year and only Thomson has daylight out and back although I will be happy to be contradicted.

Blondiescot, I have been to Winehouse (absolutely hated it) at night but I'm not sure of that area - how long would it take me to hike to Tansas, Sidik's and Hanedan?

Mentioned in this post
Winehouse
Winehouse
691 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,063 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maricya apartments. Icmeler.

It's just over 5 minutes walk to the Tansas ( now a Migros ) these apartments and pool look really nice, I walked past them a few times when I stayed at the Arya apts. I don't know why some people rave about the Winehouse restaurant also, we didn't enjoy our meal there and was sick of the female owner wanting to take pictures of us to put on her Facebook page.

Edited: 29 January 2016, 04:49
Mentioned in this post
Arya Hotel
Arya Hotel
157 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Winehouse
Winehouse
691 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Maricya apartments. Icmeler.

Booler going with jet2:Sept going out from Glasgow depart 15.50 return 16.10 arr Glasgow 7 pm

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,074 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maricya apartments. Icmeler.

Thebooler, as ethansnan says, Tansas (now Migros) is probably little more than a five-minute walk away, Hanedan just another few minutes from there and Sidik's maybe another five or so.

Edited: 29 January 2016, 14:57
Peterborough...
Level Contributor
759 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maricya apartments. Icmeler.

Booler - I've booked a 13 night duration and got day flights out and back, they are there just need to be found :)

Campbeltown, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maricya apartments. Icmeler.

Thanks for the advice folks, the night we were at Winehouse I must have taken a wrong turning as it took us ages to get back to Senem. I have booked Maricya with Thomson for 5th September leaving Glasgow at 9.45 and getting back on 19th at 2000. This is the first time I have booked a package (minus transfer) since ScotTravel went bust and it has cost pretty much what I paid last year thanks to the online discount plus an additional £60 per person on Turkey holidays.

Alex W I had a good hunt through Jet2 and all the flights home seemed to be coming back departing an hour after the incoming flights around 2200 or 2300.

Mentioned in this post
Winehouse
Winehouse
691 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Maricya apartments. Icmeler.

You're right booler we to normally come back 23.00.going a week later this year coming back 3rd Oct.flights go out 08.45 starting Oct sorry never noticed

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations