We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advanced Passenger Information

2 posts
Save Topic
Advanced Passenger Information

Long story, but I've ended up booking a flight with my wife's first name as 'PILAR' instead of 'MARIA PILAR'. This also appears on the API details.

I've been trying to get it changed for a week through the travel agent (lastminute.com) but getting nowhere.

Is this going to be a major problem for us?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advanced Passenger Information

Which airline are you flying with? Here is Easyjet's info re changing API

"If you made the booking on easyJet.com you can change API in your booking online. Simply login to My easyJet, locate the booking you wish to update and click on ‘Amend document details’. If you made the booking via a third party, through our contact centre or at the airport, please contact our Customer Service Team."

If you can't get any joy from lastminute go direct to the airline. I once flew (to Belfast) with my surname twice instead of my christian name but wouldn't risk a holiday, was it their error or yours?

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advanced Passenger Information

Flying out with BA and back with Monarch

Bought through lastminute.com

Mistake is my wife's first name - I put PILAR but the name on passport is MARIA PILAR

BA cannot change it - they need request from lastminute

Looks like I can change Monarch detail online for £100

Am I worrying for nothing?

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,560 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advanced Passenger Information

What a mess Philip. So really you have 2 problems - not only is the API incorrect and not match the passport, but also so is the plane ticket booking, and I suppose airlines are entitled to charge to change a name.

I assume that you will also need a visa for Turkey - but that does all depend upon what passports you hold - check out the official Turkish website:

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advanced Passenger Information

The name on your tickets MUST match the name on your passport. This could be expensive.

Agencies such as lastminute.com make very little (if any) money on flight tickets, they make money on admin errors and changes. In addition to any charge made by the airlines, it is likely that lastminute.com will add an admin charge on top. I would expect that both BA and Monarch will need to be contacted by lastminute.com to make the amendments.

Edited: 23 December 2015, 16:03
edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,967 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advanced Passenger Information

As others have said, the names will need to match. Hope you manage to get it all sorted out and it doesn't prove too costly.

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advanced Passenger Information

You're talking about a first name? I can't believe that BA would refuse to carry you. As for API - that's not a big deal going to Turkey. It will be sorted out on arrival. Monarch won't be a problem, either. You've had advice (above) from some real experts - I'm just saying, well, it's Christmas Eve so keep happy.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
7. Re: Advanced Passenger Information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2016, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations