We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is anybody out there

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Is anybody out there

Its been very quiet on here over the past week or so, probably because the season has finished for another year.

With the events of the past few days, will this in any way influenced your decision to go to Icmeler/ Turkey/other holiday destination

I have already booked for next year and unless advised by the government not to go, I will certainly be going.

Can we please keep this friendly, we usually do,and not go on political rants, I am just curious as to what others are thinkng

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Level Contributor
753 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Is anybody out there

June and September !! Can't wait 😎✈️

greenock
Level Contributor
196 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is anybody out there

Normally go to Kalkan but in view of recent events and Russias inevetable intent on retalliation which will see an escalation of hostilites, Turkey may ask for article 5 to be implemented by NATO but the west wont want to get involved...no chance im going

Mentioned in this post
Kalkan
Kalkan
Antalya Province, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,971 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is anybody out there

Well, I'm booked up and unless they cancel the flights, I'll still be going. I appreciate it's a decision each individual has to make for themselves, but as far as I'm concerned, life is too short to live it in fear of what might happen and if you allow them to let you feel that way, then these scum have already won...

Glasgow
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is anybody out there

Yes can't wait three weeks in June and ten days in September missing the sun already and just going out and relaxing with a drinks and a nice meal

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is anybody out there

Yes we will be going 3 weeks end of june 👍 can't wait

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
748 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is anybody out there

My plans are to book my flights for May next month & then look into July & October dates early next year.

Unless the Government says otherwise & flights are cancelled I am still going.

I'm also booked to go to Vegas in March & the US are under the same threat as we are here

#standtogether.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
332 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is anybody out there

Booked for Turunc, so will definitely be going unless the government say otherwise. Always feel a lot safer there than at home anyway!

Mentioned in this post
Turunc
Turunc
Mugla Province, Turkey
Gloucestershire...
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Is anybody out there

Giving turkey a miss next year I know it could kick off anywhere in world but I'm not going to put my family at any risk to close to a war zone I'm afraid .

Glasgow
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Is anybody out there

Why does every question revert back to terrorism I know it's a big issue but this is about having a holiday and france is closer to Britain than turkey try not let them win and enjoy yourself where ever you go

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Is anybody out there

I'm out as well...shame but I wouldn't be able to relax like I have in the past. Can see it being very very quiet next year.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler