We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icmeler prt 3 2015 - 1 - 9 October

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
773 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Icmeler prt 3 2015 - 1 - 9 October

Flew from Birmingham on 1st October, flight with TC, on time and no issues – they are definitely improving as an airline in my view.

Arrvied at Dalaman with only 2 passport desks open, more opened as another flight arrived so wait wasn’t too bad. Cases were waiting when we got down to the baggage hall.

Another relaible transfer with DM, can’t recommend them enough.

Stayed 8 nights at the Siesta Apartments above the Champagne Restaurant – warmly welcomed as always by the fabulous staff. The Siesta Apartments are really nice and in a very central location, stayed here several times now – not to be confused with the Siesta Hotel however!

Lovely meals at Champagnes, the Lighthouse, Bonjour, Masala, Richards Place.

Not so good at Kontes due to the oven not working (had to settlle for 3rd choice meal) and Backstage due to the poor service however feedback was provided to both of these places at the time.

Great nights out at Richards Place, Wonderbar and the fabulous Sevgi Bar which really is worth a visit.

Never visited the Irish Bar before but was dissappointed as found it a bit samey each time we went and there being hardly anything Irish about it – except Ireland playing Rugby on the tv :) 

For the first ttime ever in Icmeler I suffered a bad experience whereby I was verbally abused by an ex pat who I think took a disliking to me spending time with my Turkish friends. Very sad that people will act like this and accuse people of only befriending me so I visit their establishments – it won’t put me off though.

Transfer back was on time and the flight home was with Sun Express Airlines who are very good. The leg room was decent and service was good – they even serve Efes on board .

That’s it for me this year so wishing everybody in Icmeler a good rest over the winter and see you in May 2016 xx

Sheringham, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Icmeler prt 3 2015 - 1 - 9 October

A real shame you was on the receiving end of abuse from an ex pat. Whoever it was needs to realise he/she is only a guest in Turkey not matter which visa is held. Visas can always be revoked; the offender should feel ashamed.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
773 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Icmeler prt 3 2015 - 1 - 9 October

Thank you.

I was very shocked as have always found the ex pat community to be a lovely bunch & very helpful. As I said it won't put me off going.

I did think carefully about including it in my review but felt people need to be aware.

Looking forward to 2016......

Sheringham, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Icmeler prt 3 2015 - 1 - 9 October

A very small minded person I don't doubt. I'm wondering who it is but think I can probably guess. Facebook's a wonderful tool !! I'll say no more on the subject lol

Edited: 19 October 2015, 17:10
4. Re: Icmeler prt 3 2015 - 1 - 9 October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2016, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler