We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turgay apartments

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Turgay apartments

Hi folks,

We're visiting Icmeler (and Turkey) for the first time on 12th October. Can't wait! From what I've read, this may quickly become our second home!

We appear to be staying in the two bedroom apartment at Turgay and my question is whether anyone knows if this is on the ground floor? I believe there is only one two bedroom apartment there and I'm keen to enjoy some of those stunning views from the balcony of an evening! Anyone know if this apartment is on the ground floor?

Cheers in advance!

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
424 posts
58 reviews
1. Re: Turgay apartments

The two bedroom apartment is on the first floor, accessed by steps from the bar and restaurant area. There are only three floors, including ground, at the turgay, and all balconies overlook the pool. Lovely apartments, we have stayed three times. The day after we got back this year we booked for 2016 . You will have a great holiday I'm sure, wish it was me going again!!

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,223 posts
214 reviews
2. Re: Turgay apartments

I am sure you will have a great time and come to love Icmeler as much as the rest of us do - you must let us all know what you think!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
3. Re: Turgay apartments

That's fab, thanks so much for your quick response, Annie!

And I most certainly will update once we've been! 10 sleeps...!

Edited: 02 October 2015, 23:08
Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
4. Re: Turgay apartments

I have also stayed at Turgay several times and you have made a great choice. The 2 bedroom apartment is huge and is up in the left hand corner of the building looking up from the bottom end of the pool. I am sure you will have a lovely time and be well looked after by the Turgay family. Josh and staff run a very friendly complex and many guests return year after year.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
5. Re: Turgay apartments

Thanks folks!

Just wondering if any of you have had a positive experience with transfers with Thomson recently? Having read the forums, I'm of a mind to book a private transfer (the sooner I'm drinking Efes the better!), but my partner thinks it's worth the gamble to stick with the group transfer. I'm running under the assumption it'll be a 3hr transfer time with Thomson - although maybe quicker as I've read the road has been upgraded. Any thoughts? Our flight lands at 4pm or thereabouts.

Cheers again, everyone!

Edited: 03 October 2015, 20:06
Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,223 posts
214 reviews
6. Re: Turgay apartments

I would opt for a private transfer every time, to be honest. Worth every penny to get there so much quicker. Coach transfer with the likes of Thomson is always a bit of a gamble - depends on how many drop-offs they do in Marmaris first, etc - and of course, you've got the dreaded 'comfort stop' too

Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Turgay apartments

Private transfere every time, it will be a good £69 well spent. We used DM transfere very good.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
46 reviews
8. Re: Turgay apartments

A typical coach transfer to Icmeler will take around 2.5/3 hours. A private transfer takes about 1 h 20 mins give or take. The decision is really down to is it worth paying £60/£70 to get their 1 h 30 minutes earlier????

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
424 posts
58 reviews
9. Re: Turgay apartments

We have done both over the years, for our last two trips to icmeler we have used the thomsons transfer, mainly to save money. Maybe we have been lucky, but have to say the transfers were excellent. The "comfort stop" appears to have disappeared, thank goodness, and the coaches went straight to icmeler. No much time difference at all. As has been said, it's a personal decision, and depends if you want to part with the money for a private transfer.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
18 reviews
10. Re: Turgay apartments

I've also done the various types of transfer over the years. My personal choice would be a private transfer for the extra comfort you get but agree it can seem expensive. You could however look at a speedy shuttle with limited drop offs and which should still be significantly cheaper than the Thomsons coach. I've booked these in the past through DM Transfers and Icmeler online.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations